Is It A Battery Problem??

Status
Not open for further replies.

TriaLnError313

Beta member
Ok, so I bought a 15in Aluminum PowerBook G4 (A1095) from a flea market type deal thing. He said that all it needed was a hdd. I brought it home, ordered a power cable for it from amazon. When it came I plugged it in and let it go for a while. When I tried to turn it on (just to make sure it would boot) it didn't budge a bit! The light on the charger is green, however, the charger isn't a natural apple product. But, it does fit perfectly in the charger slot! I have triple checked the wattage needs and output of the powerbook and charger and they match! On the battery, the battery charge amount indicator light doesn't light up. Sound wise when I try and boot it there isn't anything, the computer doesn't do anything when i hit the power button. I figure that the powerbook should still boot if it is connected via power cable!?!? I unfortunately don't have a volt meter to check the power cable's output rating, I know that would help a lot here. My main question is, does this sound like a charger problem or a battery problem. Or possibly a combination of the both? Oh, and btw I opened it up and looked there is a hard drive in it (idk what that guy was talking about). Everything looked connected correctly!

Think you have a bad AV brick. These things happen. Any way you can get a refund or exchange for that power cord?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom