Has my monitor died?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wigglez

Solid State Member
Was using my Acer 21" monitor late last night gaming. Woke up this morning to boot up my PC. I notice that right after I had turned on my monitor, 2 seconds later it would go black on me. I hooked up another monitor to my PC and it worked fine. I tried checking my connections on the monitor and to the PC and they are all connected properly it appears.

I'm just not sure what the problem could be. The monitor is maybe 3-4 years old now. When it does turn on, the screen looks perfectly fine. It just goes black. If I turn it off and on again, it will stay on for another 2 seconds before going black on me.

Do I have to buy a new monitor?

Was using my Acer 21" monitor late last night gaming. Woke up this morning to boot up my PC. I notice that right after I had turned on my monitor, 2 seconds later it would go black on me. I hooked up another monitor to my PC and it worked fine. I tried checking my connections on the monitor and to the PC and they are all connected properly it appears.

I'm just not sure what the problem could be. The monitor is maybe 3-4 years old now. When it does turn on, the screen looks perfectly fine. It just goes black. If I turn it off and on again, it will stay on for another 2 seconds before going black on me.

Do I have to buy a new monitor?

well I did some tests. I hooked up my LCD to my laptop and I get the same response. Stays on for 2 seconds and then goes blank. Hooked up an older monitor to my PC and it seemed to work fine so I've now ruled out my PC being the problem. I'm just wondering if there is something I'm missing. Not sure what else to really check besides making sure all connectors on my LCD are firmly in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom