why is this HDD so expensive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, corrosive, I had bought several things from newegg that had bad reviews. They worked fine. Newegg reviews are not your #1 decision to buy.

Yes, but on some items, they give it a bad review when everything works fine. I even saw reviews on devices that have nothing to do with it :p

I know, I have seen that before as well, but what I was trying to point out, you get 600+ 4egg or better reviews, then all of a sudden 100+ people report DOA/RMAs and so on, that's just a sign to be cautious as they had a bad batch hit them.

If 100 people in a short span report issues, then its quite easy to believe theres an issue. This is what hes saying. Hes not saying to believe a review, but believe the review trend.

Just because somethings top notch, doesn't mean there can't be bad batches and such.

Its exactly like the q6600. Intels ultimate chip 3 yrs ago, but then suddenly they stopped oc'n well. This was starting to come out in egg reviews and such, so now the once brilliant chip stArted having issues, so people started avoiding it.

Same thing happened with Ballistix ram.

I agree, NewEgg reviews do have some value, but if you want to really know about the product read a "Real" review.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom