Blizzard Forums Require The Use Of Your Real Name

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Blizzard Forums Require The Use Of Your Real Name

It looks like Blizzard plans to take all the fun out of trolling the forums by requiring members to use their real name.

The first and most significant change is that in the near future, anyone posting or replying to a post on official Blizzard forums will be doing so using their Real ID -- that is, their real-life first and last name -- with the option to also display the name of their primary in-game character alongside it.

This is why so many people are leaving, they do NOT want there real, full name to be exposed in that manor, and with Blizzards history and issue with hackers and what not, I wouldn't trust them with ANYTHING personal.

Yea, that's an epic fail IMO. You can't FORCE people to use their real, personal information on social sites like that.

my guess is that they are implementing this for liability reasons. however, isn't this why forums are moderated?

Also, if they store the real name. they shouldn't have to display. That's just plain silly.

All the people who put their name as 'Blizzard Rocks' when they made the account will be happy. Or, anything other than their real name.

It seems to be getting REALLY REALLY nasty at blizzard between the gamers and mods... Bashiok or w/e his name is posted his full real life name, by the end of the day, every single piece of information about him was known, facebook pages, address, phone numbers, previous jobs, family information and so on.

Needless to say, he had to delete everything he could online, still, with two little words, and a general location, he was targeted and insulted by the community.... It is sad to see the american page hitting 6k replies in 24 or so hours.... I don't think in the last 10 years have I seen this much backlash from the Battle.net community....

I thought the SC2 General discussion was hellish with this, look at the wow forum....

World of Warcraft - English (NA) Forums -> Battle.net Update: Upcoming Changes to Forums

WoW... lol 35205 posts. There is no rage like WoW rage. :p

But this is stupid. I won't ever again post on Battle.net forums EVER

If I am doing my math right, they will loose a bit over $2.6 Million in sales for SC2 over Battle.net 2.0 -.-

That is, if all the kiddies stick with what they say. -.-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom