Quick Graphics question - GT310 or Radeon 5730M?

Status
Not open for further replies.

In Runtime
Quick question, looking at some laptops. The graphics card list on the sticky doesn't seem to have laptop graphics cards so I thought I would check on here.

I was looking at this laptop
ASUS PL80JT PL80JT-WO018X Black Notebook Intel Core i5 520UM with Win 7 Pro - duplicate

which has the GT310M

However there is also this
ASUS N61JQ N61JQ-JX001X Notebook Intel Core i7-720QM with Win 7 Pro

which has the Radeon 5730.

This is supposed to be a work computer however I would like to also play games on it. The second one has the i7 cpu however it also has a much shorter battery life. I figure I will probably want something with a good battery life while I'm at work and then when I get home and game on it I can plug it in. Also I wouldn't actually be paying those prices, those are just the RRP on the website.

Ah... excuse me while I go bang my head against a wall for being dumb
I didn't even realise there was a laptop forum. I choose to believe its because its so new, not because I'm blind.
This thread could probably be moved then.

It looks like I would probably need the second one then if I really wanted to be able to play stuff on it.
Is it possible to upgrade the batteries in laptops? I have heard that some have 6 cell batteries and others have 8 cell, though can you only put a 6 cell battery in a 6 cell battery laptop? Or could I go and buy a bigger battery and put it into my laptop?

Some companies make and sell upgraded batteries for MOST of the laptops they produce (But not all). You should be able to pick up a 12 Cell battery (For a hefty price tag that is).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom