15,000 RPM HD

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokernod

In Runtime
Ive always run my operating system and my game program files on my 15,000 RPM HD. Is this right or should I just be running my OS from it and install my games program files to another drive? I assumed installing my games program files on the 15,000 was better for speed of the games.

Thanks

if you can go with the Seagate Momentus hybrid drive, it will smash the crap out of any hard drive. the only thing that is faster than it is a SSD ( and only just faster ) it performs like a SDD with the price and capacity of a Hard drive. it does this by having a 6 gig cache, instead of a 32mb cache that other hard drive have.

Ive always run my operating system and my game program files on my 15,000 RPM HD. Is this right or should I just be running my OS from it and install my games program files to another drive? I assumed installing my games program files on the 15,000 was better for speed of the games.

Thanks

Yes, just keep the programs and games on the 15k drive.

oh really ?I didnt know that. Do you have to do anything special to make it work on a desktop or are notebook hd's the exact same as desktop hd's?

u just need an adapter.

my HAF X case came with one included, snapped a qucik pic for you.

YouTube - Seagate Momentus XT Hybrid Drive Speed Test (NCIX TechTips #73)
YouTube - Seagate Momentus XT SSD Hybrid Hard Drive 320GB Unboxing & First Look Linus Tech Tips

adapter2.jpg

adapter.jpg

sweet Ive been reading reviews and I think I might order a 500GB for the build im working on. Do you have one on your desktop? and if so Is it unusually noisy? ive seen some reviews saying their rlly noisy, but that was on a laptop.

no, sorry i wish i had one...

also, i suggest you get the cheapest ( smallest capacity ) version of the HDD, the only thing you should put on this drive is the operating system and games, other than that, everything else should go on your typical high capacity hard drive, inless 500 gigs is all the space you need, then go with the 500 gig version

ya I think 500GB should be sufficient, and if space does become an issue I have a 320 GB External to store some stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom