in need of CPU heatsink suggestion for the P55 chipset

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fat.Clown

I don't overclock
Hello Tech-Forums,

as some of you may know, the P55 chipset's CPU sockets are very close to the RAM slots; as seen below:
29padxv.jpg

my Noctua U12P ((L)126mm X (W)71mm X (H)158mm) will not fit with all 4 RAM slots occupied.
5trmx.jpg

currently considering the Prolimatech Armageddon ((L)144mm X (W)50mm X (H)160.3mm with a 140mm fan mounted, the fan protrudes from the heatsink), but I am worried that it might be too tall for my case (Lian Li PC-7FW)

also the Thermalright HR-01 Plus (L110 x W60 x H159.5 mm), but not sure it's thin enough.

any suggestions?

(**** it, the U12P is the heatsink I liked the most.)

You could remove the heatsink from that memory module, there not really needed.

How close is it to fitting? You could probably buy a replacement memory heatsink and trim it down (and you would still have a new heatsink if the module dies).

You can't raise the fan up a little?

I started reading a Armageddon review the other day and I was distracted and I never finished reading it. Maybe I can find it again.

http://pro-clockers.com/cooling/1536-prolimatech-armageddon-cpu-cooler.html

You could remove the heatsink from that memory module, there not really needed.

but then the memory modules looks ugly :tongue:

How close is it to fitting? You could probably buy a replacement memory heatsink and trim it down (and you would still have a new heatsink if the module dies).

new memory heatsink, new cpu heatsink, same difference :D

You can't raise the fan up a little?

I suppose I could... but less cooling performance and can't use fan clips...

I started reading a Armageddon review the other day and I was distracted and I never finished reading it. Maybe I can find it again.

it seems alright to me.

but then I think my chances are good with the HR-01 Plus, think I should take a swing at it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom