quiet cases

Status
Not open for further replies.

dyblem

Solid State Member
i can spend 50-150 on a case (the cheaper the better but i do need quality)
and i was wondering if you guys could help me find a case. I would like the case to be not to heavy and come with a power supply and fan that is very quiet but still good at keeping a computer cool.

Also, no matter what case you get you can always quieten it yourself, by buying slower fans, and using case insulation, etc.

i dont think its possible to buidl a computer as quite as dell and gateway and all them can make their computers, those things are inaudible. my dad recently got a Dell, and man, that thing is absolutly silent, cannot hear a thing.

Nah, it's really easy to build a silent computer. I could take away my OC and run only on the side and top fans of my HAF (silent on their own, slow 230mm fan FTW :)). Only thing left to make any sound is the GPU fan, which is silent when left at lower than 40%; and performance GPUs is something that Dells tend to lack :p Add in some foam sound insulation, my HAF would be silent. If rather hot.
Also suspend the hard drives with cable ties, or use rubberised bays to keep them in, though the HAF's drive holders would suffice.

I have a very quiet computer (antec solo, akasa sound insulation, 800RPM noctua fan on the CPU and a 1200RPM scythe for exhaust, single samsung HDD suspended, aftermarket heatsink on the GPU). Total of four fans in there but dell optiplex 745 is still (slightly) quieter, much lower performance of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom