artic silver increased temps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arctic Silver 5 does have curing time, and from what I've read you can expect a large temperature drop as it cures. However, reading H50 reviews they say that the pre-applied paste is actually better than AS5, so that could be a reason too.

AS5 has a cure time, it also has to be cycled from hot to cold during that cure time, it needs to be on/off every 12 or so hours over a 200 hour period of time, soo 100 hours on, 100 off, just alternate em.

Surprised AS hasn't come out with a new paste to beat the others out....

alright its been a couple days and temps have dropped 5°C, but my idle temp is still 38°C where it used to be 31°C

That's because AS5 is crap. Even fully cured it's a poor thermal interface compared to other products.

Sean, compared to the old paste you had, AS5 performs poorly, if you want better temps, you need to get a higher quality compound, and clean the **** out of your heatsink and processor to get AS5 out of the microscopic surfaces as best as possible. -.-

*sigh* that means i have to take my case out from under my desk and all that... you dont realize how big and heavy the HAF X is... haha

alright guys, ill bite, since i dont know what im doing, and you guys, do, ill listen :)

slaymate, you said Tuniq TX-2 is boss?

The guy working at the store (who is a builder and modder) told me that the thermal tape that corsair uses is the best solution for the h50. Don't know how true that is, or how it would explain your temps going up across your board.

thermal paste to be exact... not tape.

the stock paste H50 has on is Shin-Etsu, don't remember what model, one of the best on the market currently.

i went to Frys and got some Shin etsu :)

k so i put a dollop in the middle of the CPU and just put the cooler on... old idle temp ( artic silver ) was 41°C, now its 34°C. thats pretty substantial. and my room is 78°F.

shine etsu > AS5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom