RAM issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

PositiveKaram

In Runtime
My computer is only recognizing 2.5GB of RAM out of the 4GB(2X2GB) OCZ Kit I purchased.

RAM: 4GB(2x2GB) DDR3 1600 OCZ Special Ops Edition
Processor: Intel i5 750 Lynnfield 2.66Ghz Quad-Core
Motherboard: EVGA P55 SLI 132-LF-E655-KR
Graphics Card: PNY nVidia GeForce GTS 250 1GB GDDR3
Power Supply: Corsair TX650 Watt

Those are the main specs.

Does anyone know what's up?

ramissue.png

Best regards,
Mike

Ehh, it's not that... 32bit operating systems can only recognize ~2.5 - 3.5 GB of ram, forgot the exact amount as it has been so long, but that also includes the memory of your GPU, so if you have 3GB of system ram, then 512mb video ram, thats 3.5GB total ram, and you can only use so much of it.

You need to upgrade to a 64bit OS, just going to vista on 32bit wont help. -.-

Ehh, it's not that... 32bit operating systems can only recognize ~2.5 - 3.5 GB of ram, forgot the exact amount as it has been so long, but that also includes the memory of your GPU, so if you have 3GB of system ram, then 512mb video ram, thats 3.5GB total ram, and you can only use so much of it.

You need to upgrade to a 64bit OS, just going to vista on 32bit wont help. -.-

its 4 gigs for 32, but like he said that includes everything, so your 1 gig video card cuts into that.

Well I need to start saving money then.

Any suggestions on a good OS drive to buy?

Should I buy Vista or 7? I've ran both, but never for games.

I agree, Win7 of any flavor as long as it is 64bit is superior to other current 64bit windows platforms in memory management.

Well here's the bigger question. Is there any true negative effect (Damaging) of using the Green drive as my main drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom