New Build, help appreciated!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Payne99

Baseband Member
Hey, just decided recently to build a new PC was looking for input.. just as of right now I've got:

-CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Quad Core Processor AM3 3.4GHZ 8MB Cache 125W 45NM

-GPU: XFX Radeon HD 5970 725MHZ 2GB 4GHZ GDRR5 2XDVI Display Port PCI-E Video Card

-Case: Coolermaster Haf X EATX Tower Case Black 6X5.25 5X3.5INT No PS Front USB3.0
or....
Cooler Master Haf 932 Full Tower Black EATX Case 6X5.25 1X3.5 5X3.5INT No PSU USB eSATA 1394 Audio

-Nothing else as of yet, thats why I'm asking here :p.. sorry still looking, I've always been an intel kind of guy but I would like to try AMD as well as a coolmaster model (always had antec).
budget is around $2,000 (can dip over if need be!) btw. I use ncix to do my CAN shopping. (be back asap, errands)

Hey, just decided recently to build a new PC was looking for input.. just as of right now I've got:

-CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Quad Core Processor AM3 3.4GHZ 8MB Cache 125W 45NM

-GPU: XFX Radeon HD 5970 725MHZ 2GB 4GHZ GDRR5 2XDVI Display Port PCI-E Video Card

-Case: Coolermaster Haf X EATX Tower Case Black 6X5.25 5X3.5INT No PS Front USB3.0
or....
Cooler Master Haf 932 Full Tower Black EATX Case 6X5.25 1X3.5 5X3.5INT No PSU USB eSATA 1394 Audio

-Nothing else as of yet, thats why I'm asking here :p.. sorry still looking, I've always been an intel kind of guy but I would like to try AMD as well as a coolmaster model (always had antec).
budget is around $2,000 (can dip over if need be!) btw. I use ncix to do my CAN shopping. (be back asap, errands)

With that Radeon card just go with the 1gb version, because as I've seen many say, you'll only see a difference of 3 to 5 frames with it.

If you're looking to overclock you can find a good OC board on newegg.

RAM wise 4gb is Plenty for gaming, But if its a triple channel processor then you can run 6gb.

PSU: Personally I'd run a Corsair PSU, very reliable, and they are worth every penny.

Looks good so far though :D

@ positive karma, you cant get a 5970 in a 1 gig version it only comes in 2 gigs, and its the fastest card on the market.

i highly suggest the HAF X over the 932, if you can afford the price do eiitt!!! i have it and its the greatest case ive ever had. and if you are going with AMD, and you have a budget like yours i highly recommended you get the 1090T, its AMDs fastest processor, and its a 6 core processor ;)

get this mother board, it has the most modern technologies a mother board can have, and it looks sharp too

Newegg.com - ASUS Crosshair IV Formula AM3 AMD 890FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard

are you planning on over clocking? if you are get this CPU cooler, its arguable the best CPU cooler on the market.

Newegg.com - Noctua NH-D14 120mm & 140mm SSO CPU Cooler

go with this powersupply

Newegg.com - CORSAIR HX Series CMPSU-850HX 850W ATX12V 2.3 / EPS12V 2.91 80 PLUS SILVER Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply

wow thanks alot for all the replies, they've been really helpful! this rig would be used mainly for gaming at a high end (FPS/MMO/RTS mainly), I do multitask as well so would it be better to go with 6gigs over 4? I'm running 4 atm, and sometimes I hit a snag..

do you have DDR2 or DDR3 right now?

cause 4 gigs of DDR3 ram is a heck of a lot faster than 4 gigs of DDR2 ram.

like i said in mylast reply, i reccoemend you go with the 1090T processor, if you can sell the 965 you have or return it and get the 1090T you will be much happier

--CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T

--CPUCooler: Noctua NH-D14 LGA775/1156/1366/AM3 I7/I5/PHENOM Heatpipe Cooler W/ NF-P14 140MM & NF-P12 120MM Fan

--MOBO: ASUS Crosshair IV Formula AM3 DDR3 ATX AMD 890FX 4PCI-E16 2PCI

--GPU: XFX Radeon HD 5970 725MHZ 2GB 4GHZ GDRR5 2XDVI Display Port PCI-E

--PSU: Corsair Professional HX850W 850W

--RAM: ?? ...

--CASE: Coolermaster Haf X EATX Tower

--HD:Western Digital WD1001FALS Caviar Black 1TB SATA2 7200RPM 4.2MS 32MB

--Dvd/cd driver: LG GH22NS50 Black 22X SATA DVD Writer OEM

first off, thanks alot for any input, I'd be near helpless without assistance! secondly, should I stick with Windows pro? or up to windows 7finally? also..RAM, I don't really know diddly about it! apart from that I'm just about ready to order the parts.
p.s.would I need a soundcard? thanks alot!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom