Newbie needs help with reformatting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaseroonie

Beta member
I would like to reformat my computer, but I have a few problems. I have an Acer Aspire, and it came with Vista, which I cannot stand. So I got rid of Vista and I now have a copy of XP that my brother's friend put on my computer for me. I don't have any CDs for XP, and my computer didn't come with discs for Vista. Is there any way I can reformat? My friend said I could make an XP disc with a torrent or something, but I'm not really sure what all I need and I want someone's help so I don't screw up my computer. I was also told that my computer might have a hidden partition that would have system recovery stuff on it, but how can I find it, where would it be? I'm just really confused and I have too much crap on my computer and it's starting to run slow so I'd like to just start over, I guess. Any help would be awesome!

Thanks,
Chaseroonie

Torrenting/piracy is not allowed to be discussed on Tech Forums. And as you are running a pirated version of Windows, we also cannot help you with it.

Computer Forums - Announcements in Forum : Rules, News and Announcements

5) Keep Things Legal
Any discussion, links, or information on hacking, cracking, serial numbers, pirating, warez, or any other illegal matters is not allowed. This includes talks of Emulators and Torrents.

Sorry but we cant offer assistance. It is in violation of our rules. Check the Acer site or the manual with the PC to find out how to access the hidden recovery partition, if it is on there.

Topic Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom