My Rig + What Should I Upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im fairly certain that I'm set on this.. I think this is good because the 8400 I'm not sure on revisions and junk like that.. It lists E0 as to "test", and C0 as compatible in the compatibility list Trotter gave me.

The 6700 looks like it would work as it's "compatible" all the way across. This revision garbage is giving me fits though as NOTHING anywhere on Newegg or Intel lists what revisions their processors are.

However, this 6700 is a Wolfdale so maybe it won't work? I really don't know still.

Newegg.com - Intel Pentium E6700 Wolfdale 3.2GHz 2MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Desktop Processor BX80571E6700

You need CPUs from the Conroe line, which were the earliest C2D CPUS Intel made. Quads would be Kentsfield. You won't find any of them on NewEgg anymore (other than a single core Celeron... which would work, suprisingly) . Here is a Conroe E6700:
HH80557PH0674M Intel Core 2 Duo Processor E6700 2.66GHz 1066MHz 4MB LGA775 CPU, OEM - Intel Core 2 Duo - SuperBiiz.com

The C2Q Q6600 didn't have any revisions using new cores, so it will work, period. Here's one for $176:
Intel Q6600 Core 2 Quad 2.4 775 1066MHz 8MB CPU OEM

Thank you for your help everyone.

The Q6600 looks like a beast compared to my 2180, and wouldn't require redoing the whole motherboard and such, so I'm gonna go with that.

Should keep me going for a couple more years before I rebuild. :cool:

I always thought that too but looking at the support list the only Core 2's missing are ones that would have been R0's at launch so I assumed that the R0's weren't supported, which that anandtech thread seems to support.

Yeah it's probably a BIOS issue.

or maybe abit just didn't update the list... ??
P35 is a few years old

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom