Outlook Express buttons disappear

Status
Not open for further replies.

reedly

Solid State Member
Hello!

I have had a strange problem with my Outlook Express buttons disappearing slowly over a period of hours each time I run the program.

When I open the program everything works fine, all of the buttons are present, etc...When I leave the program open but minimized, while working on other applications the buttons slowly disappear seemingly one by one until I'm left with only 3 or 4 of the original buttons.

I can still use the Tools menu to complete tasks I need to, but I was wondering if anyone knows what is going on with these buttons, and if there is a way to stop it from happening.

Also, if I close the program and restart it, the buttons are all back, and will remain in place until hours go by again with other apps open, etc...

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!

Reedly.

reedly said:
Hello!

I have had a strange problem with my Outlook Express buttons disappearing slowly over a period of hours each time I run the program.

When I open the program everything works fine, all of the buttons are present, etc...When I leave the program open but minimized, while working on other applications the buttons slowly disappear seemingly one by one until I'm left with only 3 or 4 of the original buttons.

I can still use the Tools menu to complete tasks I need to, but I was wondering if anyone knows what is going on with these buttons, and if there is a way to stop it from happening.

Also, if I close the program and restart it, the buttons are all back, and will remain in place until hours go by again with other apps open, etc...

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!

What the hell buttons are you talking about?

Reedly.

derrmc, Your post...
What the hell buttons are you talking about?

Very nice reply. It definitely adds a sense of welcomeness to this "Help" forum...

I realize now after looking at my post, that I did not explain exactly which buttons I was asking about, or which version of O.E. I have, or that I'm using XP Home, etc... However, upon opening Outlook Express (6), I see that the ONLY buttons in this app, are the specific ones that I was speaking of. I feel that if you had seen this problem in the past, you would know which buttons I was talking about.

The Toolbar buttons, such as Create Mail, Reply, Reply All, Forward, Print, Delete, Send/Receive, Addresses, and Find, seem to disappear one by one over a period of hours. If I close the program and restart, everything is back again.

Anyways, I guess it pissed me off to see such a rude reply. Beyond that...I apologize for not being specific enough in my first post. If you have any idea what is happening, or how to help solve this problem, I would love to continue explaining more about it, as you, or anyone else might need.

Thanks,

Reedly.

reedly said:
derrmc, Your post...

Very nice reply. It definitely adds a sense of welcomeness to this "Help" forum...

I realize now after looking at my post, that I did not explain exactly which buttons I was asking about, or which version of O.E. I have, or that I'm using XP Home, etc... However, upon opening Outlook Express (6), I see that the ONLY buttons in this app, are the specific ones that I was speaking of. I feel that if you had seen this problem in the past, you would know which buttons I was talking about.

The Toolbar buttons, such as Create Mail, Reply, Reply All, Forward, Print, Delete, Send/Receive, Addresses, and Find, seem to disappear one by one over a period of hours. If I close the program and restart, everything is back again.

Anyways, I guess it pissed me off to see such a rude reply. Beyond that...I apologize for not being specific enough in my first post. If you have any idea what is happening, or how to help solve this problem, I would love to continue explaining more about it, as you, or anyone else might need.

Thanks,

Reedly.

I apoligize, going through a tuff time. I'm only human

VICone
Eh, did you run any malware or virus programs? Let me know if you did.

Yes, I run spybot, adaware se, and spysweeper nearly 3 times a week if needed. I haven't had any major problems lately with spyware, just a few each time I run the programs. I also have BHO Demon running, and Norton Antivirus, and Spyware Blaster.

I'm hoping these aren't "causes" for what's happening in O.E. - I've seen this problem for a long time, about 2 years since I've had my computer. It's not a high priority type of problem, just something that is annoying. When I have to close the program down, it loses it's placement on the taskbar...which is usually first on the left...so when I've got several apps open and I have to keep skipping over O.E. on the right since I just re-opened it, it gets annoying!!

Any ideas what's going on here??

derrmc,
My phone came with free long distance

What does that mean?? It looks like a joke, or something meant to be funny but I don't get it!! Help me out in case it's funny!! If it's not, and we're still arguing, then :p

Thanks,
Reedly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom