Windows XP OEM Disk

Status
Not open for further replies.

XxMarcxX

Beta member
I am trying to re-install Windows XP Home Edition on a computer. Problem is it needs an OEM disk. I have the CD key, it is on the computer case. I have already contacted the Manufacturer of the computer and since they are no longer in business I do not know what other recourse to take. I have the retail version of Windows XP but I know that the CD Key I have for the computer with OEM will not work. Anyone know of where I could get an Windows OEM disk without having to go and have the client purchase another copy of Windows XP Home Edition?

Thanks,

Marc

use the xp cd that you have to reinstall

it will give the option to change your key to your right one during activation

that what I do when i fix other people's computer

or copy your wpa.dbl (windows system 32) folder to your cd. after reinstall copy it back to orignal location. this bypass your activation

I had a gateway cd which wasn't oem. I used that to fix many a people's computer. I would just change the key back to their regular one,
because somehow with that cd, it would automatically install my key on their computer without asking for it, while it is installing.

during activation, it wouldn' t activate, then I would put their regular key back, then it would activate

XxMarcxX said:
I am trying to re-install Windows XP Home Edition on a computer. Problem is it needs an OEM disk. I have the CD key, it is on the computer case. I have already contacted the Manufacturer of the computer and since they are no longer in business I do not know what other recourse to take. I have the retail version of Windows XP but I know that the CD Key I have for the computer with OEM will not work. Anyone know of where I could get an Windows OEM disk without having to go and have the client purchase another copy of Windows XP Home Edition?

Thanks,

Marc

oem-retail, no difference. you have the key but not the disc that goes with it. you have no choice but to buy xp unless your retail hasn't been activated

I have install hundred of people computer with my gateway retail and my oem disc

XxMarcxX

why does it say when you boot rom cd and try to install a new copy?

just put the cd key from your original retail cd computer. it will accept that

then change it to the right one, when it won't let you activate. then the activation will go through

Microsoft won't tell you that. they rather make money

i forgot about that part

Have you tried contacting Microsoft? If you have a legit key I believe they should send you a cd. I dunno, wouldnt hurt to try I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom