4.10s are out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lev2323

In Runtime
Hey guys, the new 4.10 cats are out...has anyone upgraded yet? Just wanted to know what kind of pros and/or problems you have seen. Let em know.

are u using it with CCC?

i have it on one of my system, and its working cool.

for those who couldnt understand the post, by "cats", our humble member meant, ATI's Catalyst 4.10

and CCC means, catalyst control centre.

make your posts readable by NOT using SLANGS.

Jeez, sorry. Ya, I just installed them on mine and got about 1000 more points on aquamark. I also have been having some conflicts with the 4.8 & 4.9 version CATALYSTS. Hopefully I won't have this problem with 4.10s, cause Ati has no idea what is going on. And yes I am using it with the Control Center. Why do you ask? Is there some problems with it?

I installed them and then moved right back to the Omegas. Because my Aquamark went from 62k to around 54k and my Doom 3 timedemo went from 67.3 to 62.1. :confused: I know I am not too happy with the crap ATI has been putting out this generation, both with cards and drivers.

Did you use the Omega's to OC? Cause if you did, than installing 4.10s will move your speeds to default and then you have to install something like ATI tool to OC. I doubt 4.10s ALONE made your score drop that much. They seem to have provided an increase to everyone.

Blind_Arrow said:
are u using it with CCC?

i have it on one of my system, and its working cool.

for those who couldnt understand the post, by "cats", our humble member meant, ATI's Catalyst 4.10

and CCC means, catalyst control centre.

make your posts readable by NOT using SLANGS.

I still don't know what you are talking about!

lev2323 said:
Did you use the Omega's to OC? Cause if you did, than installing 4.10s will move your speeds to default and then you have to install something like ATI tool to OC. I doubt 4.10s ALONE made your score drop that much. They seem to have provided an increase to everyone.

I was not overclocking with the Omegas. And I did uninstall the Omegas before I installed the 4.10s.

Wow, then that is really weird. I dont want to give you a hard time about your vid card, cause I know you know, but you are the only person that I know of that had a loss of performance. I tried the newest Omega's and they were about the same as the 4.9s for me. If you figure it out, let me know!

lev2323 said:
Wow, then that is really weird. I dont want to give you a hard time about your vid card, cause I know you know, but you are the only person that I know of that had a loss of performance. I tried the newest Omega's and they were about the same as the 4.9s for me. If you figure it out, let me know!

I don't know whether I have a bad card or if the X800 Pro just plain sucks in general. My card SUCKED in Doom 3, but I got a 108.5 in the stress test in CSS with 6x AA and 16x AF, and all settings to the max. In game, i have never seen the framerate dip below 50 and most of the time it stays well above 90. I'll have to wait and see how it does in real HL2 before I make my judgement.

Wow,...in CSS I got about 70 in the stress test and in game it never goes below 40 (usually). At least it seems to be working for that game engine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom