How good is this graphics card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

coleraine

Solid State Member
I have a radeon 9200 graphics card. i have no idea how good it is. i hope to be able to play star wars the old republic when it is released. can anyone tell me how good my card is?

thanks

Please post any information you can on your power supply, and if you dont know take a picture of the label thats on it.

Next let us know what motherboard model you have and any other system information you know would also be beneficial.

The 9200 is ancient. It's older than my old X1600Pro and I doubt they ever made 9200's for PCI Express. Chances are if you're running a 9200 you need to get an entirely new PC to do anything.

There are 3 main graphics card interfaces (PCI, AGP, and PCI Express). Two are now useless for gaming (PCI and AGP) and the 9200 was only ever made for these interfaces. This means that your motherboard most likely uses AGP or even just PCI which means it won't support a newer graphics card. To use a good new graphics card you need a motherboard that has PCI Express slots.

I think you'll probably have to just build from scratch. That's what I just did to replace my old AGP build (AthlonXP 2600+, DDR RAM, IDE drives, and AGP X1600Pro graphics on a 200W PSU). The good news is that anything on the market today will beat your 9200 in graphics performance, even a dirt cheap card, even most integrated cards on motherboards can match or beat the 9200 these days. The bad news is that it will be expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom