Gotta HAF it blue! ( HAF X pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a cage to prevent the cards moving about when you move the case (to go to LANs and stuff).

Very nice build Sean! I like the way it turned out. Hey, what are you using for your RAM cooler and where can I pick one up like it?

Soar

Newegg.com - Kingston HyperX KHX-FAN Fans

bazinga

and thanks guys for kind words , you dont understand how massive this case is!

desk-1.jpg

measurment.jpg

It's a cage to prevent the cards moving about when you move the case (to go to LANs and stuff).

also, thats not true, the casing around the graphics card is to keep the wires neat going to the graphics cards, but more importantly it houses a 120mm fan that blows air over the graphics card. so basically its a fan housing and shroud. and this is the worst possible case to get if you are looking to go to LAN parties, empty it weighs 38 pounds, id recon it weighs close to 60 pounds right now... and it huge, i had to put it in my trunk to transport it

Still a few things I'd like changed with the case, but on the whole it's a step up from the 932's IMO. Looks great :D

the only thing i didnt like about the case was the way you mount 120mm fans on the top, there is only one bracket on to mount each fan to. so there is only 2 screws holding each fan in place. was not impressed but if i were doing a review on newegg about it, i wouldnt knock off an egg for that because the only reason you are going to put 120mm fans on top is if you are going to b e putting a radiator up there, so with a radiator, that will give you something to screw the other side of the fans into...

Actually, the top fans are more useful if you don't have the rad. It pulls the hot air in a more natural convection current, so it'll cool the case better.

I think you've got way too much blue, and frankly don't like the case style...... But thats why you have it and not me.

so... now that you had to pull the components out of your old case and put it in your new case, how would you rate the process?
1-10 (1 being super easy, my dog can do it. 10 being **** it..... throwing this pile of **** out the window!)

nice case btw :D

haha, you are right this was the first time i have ever put a computer together...

and i give it a 3... the hardest part was putting the fans on ( i put each one on backwards at least 3 times haha ).

i really enjoyed the processes, it took about an hour and a half. i really hope i can build someone a computer from scratch... thatd be a good experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom