How do I coax my DDR 3 from 1333MHz to the targeted speed of 1600MhZ

Status
Not open for further replies.
I draw House Plans mostly, right now I'm working on a Commercial Office Bldg. / Equipment Garage. I got caught up in a few posts and I'm tired and about to hit the couch. I'll download the manual on your mobo and we'll see what we can do to get you up to speed tomorrow. Post some CPUID and HWMonitor screenshots for me please.

Slay, that sounds like a cool job! Ok, thanks again helping me to understand these new areas of computing and computer building.

Well, here is the update:

Now my computer will not even boot or post. I think I made some terrible mistakes. I suppose that is kind of obvious. As of this very moment, the computer is attempting to repair itself [Windows says that it is attempting to repair itself].

BSOD had this message:

"Memory Management"

What is really weird is that now this computer is not even permitting me to get into Gparted [I would like to start all over again by wiping everything clean and reinstalling Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit].

Somehow something changed the boot order as well.

I went into BIOS and changed boot order back to CDROM. Then rebooted with Gparted, and have now removed Windows 7. Presently I am reinstalling Windows 7 because I do not want to fight with a part of the OS that may be corrupted.

Here are the processes I did just prior to the BSOD:

Updated BIOS from f4 to f9 [system said it was successful].
Updated Windows 7 with all the new updates
Installed Windows Security Essentials
Installed all the newest MB drivers from Gigabyte
Installed Easy Tune 6 [I think this may have been a BIG mistake, years ago I installed this program and it created BSOD's too].
Installed Firefox
Installed Adobe Reader
Altered a significant number of BIOS settings such as multiplier, RAM timings, etc.

Here is what I hope to do in the next few hours:

Reset Clear CMOS again [done]
Reformat the HDD's with Gparted [done]
Reinstall Windows 7 Ultimate [doing it right now as I type on my other computer]
Download and install all the Windows 7 updates [will do when I wake up]
Be much more careful with things such as DO NOT install Easy Tuner 6. [never again!]

Etc.

Ok, I am exhausted and need some rest. I will chat with you tomorrow if you find some time.

Have a good rest!

Soar

The Memory Management means the Memory Controller, which is built into the cpu, is unstable.

You need to increase the QPI VTT voltage setting. Try raising the value to the next higher setting.
The default QPI VTT voltage setting was mean't to be used with a overclock. When you increase the speed of either the cpu or the memory they affect one another and with your setup the memory controller was the 1st to show signs of errors.

I'm still waiting on some screenshots.

The Memory Management means the Memory Controller, which is built into the cpu, is unstable.

You need to increase the QPI VTT voltage setting. Try raising the value to the next higher setting.
The default QPI VTT voltage setting was mean't to be used with no overclock. When you increase the speed of either the cpu or the memory they affect one another and with your setup the memory controller was the 1st to show signs of errors.

I'm still waiting on some screenshots.

Slay,

Thanks for the heads up with the QPI VTT voltage setting. Ok, I will give that a go. First, I need to finish installing all the updates and drivers again.

Will post afterwards.

Thanks,

Soar

New Build with repeated BSOD's

Hi everyone!

Well, this is the first time I did a new build and experienced so many BSOD's. I am not sure if I have been lucky or what, but I have never experienced a BSOD immediately after putting together a new build. To be honest with you, it has been somewhat disappointing...and I am not really sure where to start.

I thought I would start with a MemTest86+ tonight since that is so easy.

Does anyone here have any other suggestions?

Yesterday it began with BSOD that stated "Memory Management."

Here are the components I put together:

Intel i5-750
Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3
WD Caviar Black 500 GB 7200 RPM
Maxtor 1TB
G.SKILL Ripjaws 4GB DDR3 1600 F3-12800CL7D
Enermax Infiniti Ein720AWT 720W Modular PSU
Cool Master Sniper Black Edition
PNY 9800 GTX+ 512MB
Corsair Cooling Hydro Series CWCH50
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Here is one of the message I received from Windows today after I reformatted and put everything back together a second time:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 50
BCP1: FFFFFA86022E9FE8
BCP2: 0000000000000000
BCP3: FFFFF80002BDAC07
BCP4: 0000000000000005
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\070410-14242-01.dmp
C:\Users\i5-750\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-24913-0.sysdata.xml

Can anyone give me some good advice please? I have no clue what planet the people who described this in these terms come from...

Thanks,

Soar

PS UPDATE: I let BIOS to fail-safe, then ran MemTest86+ and immediately come up with lots of errors. Can anyone tell me if for sure it is the RAM or could it be something else?

Re: New Build with repeated BSOD's

When you get a BSOD it should be giving you a Stop Code, some thing like this

***STOP: 0x00000101
or
***STOP: 0x00000124

And I have ask you to post screenshots of HWMonitor and CPUID numerous times so that I could HELP you. But so far you expect someone to Magically give you an answer without any of the pertinent information.

If your running your memory out of it's specifications it could fail Memtest and still be good.

If you want help supply me with the information I have requested numerous times.

And you already have a Open Thread on this Topic, making a new one is not going to help you.

Re: New Build with repeated BSOD's

When you get a BSOD it should be giving you a Stop Code, some thing like this

***STOP: 0x00000101
or
***STOP: 0x00000124

And I have ask you to post screenshots of HWMonitor and CPUID numerous times so that I could HELP you. But so far you expect someone to Magically give you an answer without any of the pertinent information.

If your running your memory out of it's specifications it could fail Memtest and still be good.

If you want help supply me with the information I have requested numerous times.

And you already have a Open Thread on this Topic, making a new one is not going to help you.

Slay,

So sorry. I have been a little busy and did not have the time to post the screenshots you requested. I will be happy to post them. Please give me a little time.

The BSOD's would flash by so quickly I could not read them.

I will post screen shots of HWMonitor and CPUID.

Thanks,

Soar

This will slow down the BSOD.

Go to the Control Panel and then click on System and Security.

Next click on System and then click on Advanced system settings.

This will bring up the System Properties Box and it should be on the Tab labeled "Advanced".

You should see "Startup and Recovery" and a button labeled Settings. Click on the Settings button and uncheck the box labeled Automatically restart (see pic below)

restart.jpg

This will slow down the BSOD.

Go to the Control Panel and then click on System and Security.

Next click on System and then click on Advanced system settings.

This will bring up the System Properties Box and it should be on the Tab labeled "Advanced".

You should see "Startup and Recovery" and a button labeled Settings. Click on the Settings button and uncheck the box labeled Automatically restart (see pic below)

restart.jpg

Slay,

I hope you won't get angry with me but now my system is crashing so fast and so frequently that it is not even giving me time to install HW Monitor or CPUID.

Dude, I boot my system, and within seconds it crashes and is gone each and every time.

Anyway, I was able to uncheck the box labeled Automatically restart.

Soar

NEW UPDDATE/EDIT: Ok, as suddenly as it started doing lots of BSOD's, now it has stopped and I didn't do a darn thing to change anything. This is really weird...anyway, here are the screenshots you asked me to do:

I cannot double post without risking the wrath of Mak and Kmote and being permanently banned/expelled from this forum for doing "SPAM and DOUBLE POSTING", so I have no clue how to post your other requests for the other screen shots. I still have 2 of the Hardware monitor screen shots to post.

NEW EDIT: Slay, are you still reading my posts or did you give up on me too? Can someone tell me why and where you moved my posts?

Thank you,

Soar

Attachments

• cpu1.JPG
    cpu1.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 84
  • cpu2.JPG
    cpu2.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 85
  • cpu3.JPG
    cpu3.JPG
    42.6 KB · Views: 84
  • cpu4.JPG
    cpu4.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 84
  • cpu5.JPG
    cpu5.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 84
I really would also like to see your HWMonitor Screenshot. Right now I can tell you were going to be raising your Voltages a little but I'd like to see their present settings and the Temperatures your experiencing. HWMonitor will tell me most if not all of those.

Did you adjust your Multiplier down to 17 or has the system done that?

I really would also like to see your HWMonitor Screenshot. Right now I can tell you were going to be raising your Voltages a little but I'd like to see their present settings and the Temperatures your experiencing. HWMonitor will tell me most if not all of those.

Did you adjust your Multiplier down to 17 or has the system done that?

Thanks for replying and hope you had an enjoyable 4th!

Ok, the system started doing the BSOD's again this morning. Afterwards it gives that error message about Memory Management.

You asked if I adjusted the Multiplier down to 17. No I didn't, but now I realize I did adjust the system [perhaps unknowingly] because I set the BIOS from "Optimized Defaults" to "Fail-Safe Defaults."

So now I realize that my earlier statements, "The system is stable/unstable even though I never changed any settings" is NOT TRUE!

So, sorry about that. I forgot that I changed the BIOS from "Optimized Defaults" to "Fail-Safe Defaults."

Ok, please let me know if I can give you any more helpful info.

Here's the HD Monitor screenshot:

Oh, one more thing: when I took the screen shot it was 88 degrees in my computer room [I didn't turn on the room A/C yet]. I am sure affects the temps across the board...

Attachments

• HD Monitor pic 1.JPG
    HD Monitor pic 1.JPG
    92.7 KB · Views: 73
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom