Help with heatsink and and cpu fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a micro center here. I am in denver

EoA,

Micro Center often drops the i-7's very, very low. I wish you were near a Fry's because they are constantly dumping the i5's + MB combo's for under $200 and the i3's + MB's for under $100. A few weeks ago they were selling the i3's + MB for $88.

Keep your eye open for the deals at MC. They have awesome deals at times, but you need to get early info and then be there at opening time on the day of the sale in order to receive the "super deals."

Soar

Everything sounds good but I think I am going to get the 1055t. If I get anything Core i something I will just get an i7 but I am gonna go ahead and wait till the 32nm's come out.

Everything sounds good but I think I am going to get the 1055t. If I get anything Core i something I will just get an i7 but I am gonna go ahead and wait till the 32nm's come out.

EoA,

Do you have a trustworthy friend that lives near a Fry's? Fry's is constantly dumping those AMD 1055t's with a decent MB for under $200.

You could keep your eyes peeled for a good deal and Fry's, then when they come up, ask your friend to pick one up for you and ship it to you.

How's that?

Soar

Just for the record I will have to buy DDR3 with either of these right? Cuz I have 4 gigs of DDR2.

if you end up having to get some ddr3 now you can always transfer it to the new computer when the processor you want comes out.

Well actually I can't because I expect the 32nm's to be Triple Channel DDR3 and the 1055t uses Dual Channel DDR3.

Well actually I can't because I expect the 32nm's to be Triple Channel DDR3 and the 1055t uses Dual Channel DDR3.

there isn't a physical difference between using it in dual or tri channel.

if you use it in dual channel you use ram in sets of 2, if in tri channel you use it in sets of 3.

When do the 32nm's come out? Because if it's anytime soon I'd say you're just dumping money in places you don't need. Personally I'd just buy an Core iX processor or just wait for the 32nm to be released. Because it seems like you don't really have a straight plan.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom