Help with heatsink and and cpu fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EoADark

Baseband Member
Well after a few weeks of thought I decided not to get the Core i7-920 and hold off till the 32nm's come out. So until then I am in need of a bit more speed so here is what I have picked out.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400
eVGA 750i 775 Socket

I have the ram already that is compatible but I need help to figure out the best heatsink and cpu fan to get because it doesn't come with either from the place I am getting it.

I am looking to spend around 250-300 so I don't need the best fan or heatsink.

Thanks

did you already buy that cpu and mobo, or is that just what you're thinking about getting?

if you're just thinking about getting them, i would suggest you don't. lga775 is basically a dead socket now, you have newer and better choices from both intel and amd.

I am looking to spend around 250-300 so I don't need the best fan or heatsink.

250-300 what? $, £, €?

you're lookin to spend that much on just a heatsink (and fan)?

no for a cpu and mobo upgrade and the cpu fan and heatsink. If you can reccomend something better between 250-300 $ and not a core i3 or i5. I would like a intel processor and a eVGA mobo.

why not a core i3/i5?

i just checked to see about how much a q9400 would set you back (around $200), and for that much you could get an i5 750 which would easily outperform a q9400 across the board.

if you don't want that, you could go the amd route. a x4 955 will perform better overall than a q9400, and it's $40 cheaper. and for $200, you could get the hexa core x6 1055t which will also outperform it overall.

i agree with muffin man, because, well... he is right ( as usual )

for your budget you can get a much better processor than the one you are planning on getting...

Can I get a few links for things.
And as I said before I do not want to spend much money till the 32nm's come out there for no Core i anythings.

Also please do not post any ASUS motherboards I will not buy them.

Just for the record I will have to buy DDR3 with either of these right? Cuz I have 4 gigs of DDR2.

Can I get a few links for things.
And as I said before I do not want to spend much money till the 32nm's come out there for no Core i anythings.

Also please do not post any ASUS motherboards I will not buy them.

EoA,

Where do you live and are you near Fry's Electronics or Micro Centers?

I recently scored an Intel i5-750 with a Gigabyte P55A-UD3 full size ATX with USB3 and SATA 3 combo for $199.

Today I scored a number of the AMD Phenom II X6 1055T CPU + MSI 880GMA-E45 Motherboard combo's also for $199. Those are the 6 core processors and yes, they are going for under $200 with a reasonable MB included.

Please do not pay over $200 for Q9440's and older MB's with the LGA 775 sockets. You should get a much bigger bang out of your $200 bucks!

Here's the ad for this weekend: http://shopping.dallasnews.com/ROP/Ads.aspx?advid=2519&adid=9533452&subid=30200046&type=

DDR 3 is droppin' fast. Fry's had it yesterday for $69.99. DDR3 4GB PC1333MHz DUAL CMV4GX3M2A1333C9

http://www.frys.com/product/6088628

Soar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom