questoin about win xp installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

_SiLv3R_

In Runtime
well nowadays im getting a lot of requests form customers that have computer such as vaios and what not (prebuilt computers)... and they want me to reformat their ccomputer with a fresh install of their os.. but the thing is their system recovery cd that they got with the computer has been either lost or ruined or misplaced and they cant find it.. anyways... i was wondering that if i could just keep a copy of windows xp home oem on hand and then just use their cd key (from the back of the computer on that little sticker).. and just reinstall windows with that and just use their application recovery and driver recovery cds to bring their computer back to new again... any help would be appretiated.. thanks in advance :)

lol i was thinking along the same lines.. just wanted ot make sure someone else felt that way as well... well not much to do now but to buy it and see if it works :) thanks tho :)

why would do that? it take too long

just use the recovery cd and it will go back to the condition that it was in when it was on the store shelf with all of the store's programs installed

plus your won't have to reactivate it

and it only take about 15 to 30 minutes to do all of that

lol u shud read more carefully... i just said that customers are coming to me whose recovery cds have been DAMAGED/MISPLACED/LOST.. get it now? :p lol

This is the same problem that I am having. Only thing is though, I dont have a copy of Windows XP OEM. All I have is Windows XP Retail version.

Sony Viao's will let you burn new cd and dvds for restore purposes

HP and Viao's and some Compaq's you don't need the cd, if the computer will boot up

the sony has the option in windows to restore

HP and Compaq you just have to hit a key on boot (usually F10)

then you will get 2 option of restore from these 2.

1. the condition that it was in when it came from the store or
2. same as one, but you get to keep your documents

P.s. and yes you can use that oem cd to do their

I had 5 different version of home and 2 different version of pro. I always use them for fix peoples computers. i just use their key.

_SiLv3R_ said:
well nowadays im getting a lot of requests form customers that have computer such as vaios and what not (prebuilt computers)... and they want me to reformat their ccomputer with a fresh install of their os.. but the thing is their system recovery cd that they got with the computer has been either lost or ruined or misplaced and they cant find it.. anyways... i was wondering that if i could just keep a copy of windows xp home oem on hand and then just use their cd key (from the back of the computer on that little sticker).. and just reinstall windows with that and just use their application recovery and driver recovery cds to bring their computer back to new again... any help would be appretiated.. thanks in advance :)

Well nowaday's bill is trying to put a stop to that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom