CPU running too hot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PositiveKaram

In Runtime
New PC, i5 750 Lynnfield. It's running 45c at Idle. Have been to scared to attempt a load test so far. Is 45c too hot?

Best regards,
Mike

If you are using the stock cooler, than 45C is about right. Load all you want - use Intel Burn Test to see how hot you can get it :D (stop the test if it gets too close to 70C).

If you are using the stock cooler, than 45C is about right. Load all you want - use Intel Burn Test to see how hot you can get it :D (stop the test if it gets too close to 70C).

Hah okay, because I had a friend of mine telling me I should be able to get it down to 20c. I think I'm going to buy an new cpu cooler. Any suggestions? :D

Best regards,
Mike

If you don't overclock it and you keep the PC in a cool room then you should be able to keep it in the 20's or low 30's C with a decent cooler. How much would you like to spend? For a pretty good cooler you can find one in the $40+ range. Most of the coolers below $40 are only marginally better than the stock cooler.

I can spend how ever much money needs to be spent on a cooler. I've already spent $935 on the computer, another 40-60 wont hurt.

No, that retention bracket is just for that heatsink.
Don't buy a Zalman, there overpriced for their performance.

I have a few Excellent Coolers For Sale here.
http://www.techist.com/forums/f40/fs-3-thermalright-ultra-extreme-120-true-232239/

But you'll need to buy this retention bracket and (1) or (2) 120mm fans depending upon whether you want to set it up in a Push-Pull configuration or not
Thermalright LGA 1156 Bolt-Thru-Kit Rev B. (Ultra Series / MUX-120 / IFX-14 / Venomous X / Ultima 90 / Cogage True Spirit) - FrozenCPU.com

I wouldn't mind buying from you but I don't have any sort of paypal set up, neither do I feel comfortable sending money via mail (The mail system is corrupt with thieves left and right).

I'm fairly new to aftermarket CPU cooling, how would someone go about putting fans on that? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom