My Rig + What Should I Upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still confused on what will actually work.. I don't see anything like a C0, M0, E0, R0, etc in the product description.

That last one I listed was actually an 8300 which wasnt listed on teh supported thing.. only an 8200 is. :cry:

Can someone please give me like a good one for around $100-120? I would really appreciate it as I don't want to order one, then have it not work.. That would suck bad.

The IP35-E does support wolfdales and yorkfields however only the initial revisions (C0, M0, E0) are supported since abit wet out of business before the current revision (R0) of the low end chips was released.
first time hearing that.

always thought if it supports the architecture, board should support the cpu, no matter what revision.

Unfortunately, it's a Q8200S, which is revision R0, and will not post with that motherboard. Which sucks, 'cause that's a **** good price for that processor.

Link to post of user who has the ABIT IP35-E, and tried the 8200S.

Abit IP35-E or Gigabyte P35 DS3P v1.0? - AnandTech Forums

first time hearing that.

always thought if it supports the architecture, board should support the cpu, no matter what revision.

I have always thought that too, looks like we were both wrong. Can anyone explain why motherboard can't necessarily support all revisions? Most likely a BIOS thing, right?

first time hearing that.

I always thought that too but looking at the support list the only Core 2's missing are ones that would have been R0's at launch so I assumed that the R0's weren't supported, which that anandtech thread seems to support.

I have always thought that too, looks like we were both wrong. Can anyone explain why motherboard can't necessarily support all revisions? Most likely a BIOS thing, right?

Yeah it's probably a BIOS issue.

I'm going to cry.. :cry:

Since I am the major tech noob here out of all of you again, can someone please post (lol) another $100-125 CPU that WILL work with my Mobo?

Appreciate all your responses greatly!!

Thanks but that's a bit too much. :(

I dont use my PC for too much high-end gaming.. Idk if I want to spend $140 on a processor.

Due to recent good events.. my price ranged increased to $150-200!!!

How would I tell 100% if these will work.. There's still no C0, E0, R0, etc on Neweggs website. Could I live chat and just ask them or how's this work?

Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 2.33GHz 4MB L2 Cache LGA 775 95W Quad-Core Processor BX80580Q8200

Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz 6MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor BX80570E8400

Newegg.com - Intel Pentium E6700 Wolfdale 3.2GHz 2MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Desktop Processor BX80571E6700

^^

These are listed as compatible through that page. I need help on the revision version though.

Thank you all again!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom