Help me sort out my wiring :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

PositiveKaram

In Runtime
Just finished the computer, but really need guidance on sorting my crappy wiring! Any advice?

dscf0052uq.jpg

Best regards,
Mike

I would move that optical drive down one bay, and stuff any unused cables above it. Also, use cable ties to tie cables to parts of the case (to route the cable where it needs to go without being loose), and to other cables, and to each cable individually so it's as short as possible and isn't loose.
Unfortunately, it doesn't look like a great case for wire management :p

I would move that optical drive down one bay, and stuff any unused cables above it. Also, use cable ties to tie cables to parts of the case (to route the cable where it needs to go without being loose), and to other cables, and to each cable individually so it's as short as possible and isn't loose.
Unfortunately, it doesn't look like a great case for wire management :p

Will do! I have PLENTY of zipties hah. And no it really isnt't :silly:

It is not nearly as bad as it looks..... If that makes sense lol.

No air is really going up by your 5.25" bays anyways, so that web is not really in the way, but why not just stuff it in a 5.25" unused bay to make it look nicer? Do like Yami said and drop your optical drive down 1 slot and you have the perfect cranny for stuffing wires.

Routing will go a long way too. Just plan it all out before you start it. I actually just installed a TX750 into my case while i wait for my new PSU to arrive. It is a decent PSU to work with, for not being modular. The sleeving (or whatever you call it) that Corsair or Seasonic or whoever manufactured these TXxxx supplies used bends nice.

One more thing i would do is raise your HDD to the very top slot. For starters it will cool down the air your GPU is intaking. Second it will open up a little airflow in your case, and every bit counts right. Third, it will make it easier on you to run those few motherboard/case wires down low.

And if you really want to take it the extra mile, you will need a drill.

For what?! :D

You could put a big hole at the top of your case between your optical drive and your PSU. Run all the wires you have from your PSU out of it. Then drill a few holes where you need to bring cables back in the mix. That way all your wiring is hidden between your motherboard bracket and outer case panel.

I would still move that HDD up if it were me. But that is because i spend a lot on graphic cards and buy my HDDs OEM or however else i can get them for as cheap as possible. I would rather put stress on my HDD than my GPU.

Okay, well I followed what you guys say (Besides the whole drilling a hole in my case). What do you think now?

dscf0069w.jpg

Personally I think it's a hundred times better.

Thanks for the tips :)

Best regards,
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom