confused and frustrated...

Status
Not open for further replies.

stloui3

Beta member
im comp illiterate...bare with me
recently had a comp built and trying to install a first time OS..
using microsoft windows xp and upon trying to install i was giving a "hard drive not found error" took it to some techy friends and they decided wed have to install 3rd party RAID and or SATA "drivers" and they kept trying to put em on a floppy and boot the comp and after going thru several they found one..it worked but they didnt go thru the installation cuz we didnt have enuff time... so i took the comp home thinkin the driver is their and i can load the OS now..

when i tried to load got the same harddrive not found error..they told me this might happen so i had to use the floppy i plugged it in all right and when i try to boot the 3rd party drivers it says no drive found in A drive and the floppy seems to not be running it at all not making any kind of noises cept when i first put the disk in..

i dont know?? help me out

Boot from cd.

as it is booting, hit the f6 button when you see it, to install raid. wait

it will tell to hit s to install raid.
hit s

put floppy in, press enter. press s to install newer (even though it is the same driver). after driver load, hit enter. now it will find the hard drive

windows need to to find a better way to boot from a raid card to find the hard drive

a drive not responing need to load 3rd party SATA drivers

im right about their this is the point where its not finding the floppy and A drive not powering

stloui3 said:
a drive not responing need to load 3rd party SATA drivers

im right about their this is the point where its not finding the floppy and A drive not powering

The answer is in your bios, like enable floppy drive seek,ect.

still not working seems floppy is getting no power?? green light is on...no spinning or anything .. maybee a faulty floppy drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom