Self Power ON after shutdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem presists also if all wake on LAN/alarm features are disabled in BIOS. also the AC back state is set to "stay off".

Longshot...but you could try disconnecting your power switch from the F_panel header to see if your switch is faulty.

I tried to boot to a live CD of Knoppix Linux, and shutdown from there, to cut off whether it iswindows problem.

And sadly it turn back on, even though it was other OS this time.

Seems like it is hardware or BIOS related.
Tomorrow i'll check the front pannel connectors stuff. I hope it is not the mobo wanting rma...

Yesterday I opened a PC, disconnected all front panel connectors, manually reset the CMOS by Mobo switch (in case software reset from BIOS was not enough), and... it WORKED!!! Then I assembled all together back, connected front panel - all good.

Today the issue happened again the power loss accured in the house, while PC was booting and later on the issue got back. But, by clearing CMOS by mobo button is seem like all that was needed for he fix. I returned all BIOS settings to regular that I used (XMP, AHCI...) - all working fine now.

Thanks everyone for trying to help anyway :)

Have you recently installed LIBUSB using the hacks for 64 bit by chance? My computer started doing that after I did all that. Everytime I go to shut down it reboots instead.

Nope, InsaneJester17, never done anything related to LIBUSB.

Maybe it is battery related.

On my opinion. since it occures after some sort of AC power fail, I think that it cause some reboot flags in the BIOS registers to stuck at certain state, until battery voltage supply is reset, clearing the stuck data.

If it will reappear too much I'll consider to replace the battery though. Also having UPS is a good idea, but no budget on it for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom