Computer shuts down when launching games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naikon

Beta member
Hey
I have to kind of annoying problem.
Over the past days I've had an issue with my computer shutting down everytime I launch a game. If I try launching WoW or BFBC2 the computer just shuts off. I tried reinstalling Windows 7 and its still shutting down.
My specs are;
Intel Core 2 duo 3.33GHz
Windows 7 64bit
4GB RAM
Geforce 8800GT

Here is a picture of a stresstest I died here the other day, perhaps you can decode it. It doesnt tell me much except that its overheating, but I doubt that is the problem.

I left the computer off over the night, turned it on in the morning and launched WoW and it still shuts down. Doesnt seem to me its the overheating that is the real issue, even though its probably warmed than it should.
I put my tablefan at the computer cooling every down to around 40-50C and it still crashed so...

Does anyone have the slightest idea of what the problem could be?
Starting to get frustrating now.

Sorry for any typos or spelling mistakes, tired and slightly ****ed off :)

Try downloading and installing the latest drivers for your graphics card and see if that helps. Also, run Disk Defragmenter and C Cleaner, google the name if you dont already have these programs. Good luck

Those temps are insane o_O You should be aiming for a maximum on your CPU of 70C, and you shouldn't even be going near that - I have my E8400 overclocked to 4GHz, and I don't go above 60C even when running Intel Burn Test at maximum (and it's currently the height of summer where I am).

While I don't think overheating is the direct cause of this, I would certainly give your case, GPU, CPU heatsink and fans a good dusting, as well as replacing the thermal paste on the CPU heatsink.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom