My FPS In Older Games???

Status
Not open for further replies.

EoADark

Baseband Member
Hey guys. Currently I have a EVGA GTX 260 Core 216 Superclocked. I had EVGA Precision and I left it open so it would display my in-game FPS and other things. I was playing Day Of Defeat: Source and I noticed that I am only getting around 60 FPS. And that game doesn't hardly require anything and the graphics aren't that great. Now I was playing Counter Strike: Source which was just recently updated and the graphics are about the same maybe a bit better and I am running anywhere between 250 and 299.9 FPS which is max for Source games. Any Ideas??

Well I turned it off and its not going any more than 100. It goes to about 297 in the main menu and loading into games but 70 average in game.

older games have a frame limit that you cannot dissable. like my Battle Filed 1942 games, it runs at 60 frames a second, while i run Battle field bad company 2 at over 100 fps.

older games usually wont go over 60 frames a second.

Well I turned it off and its not going any more than 100. It goes to about 297 in the main menu and loading into games but 70 average in game.

Just upgraded from a eVGA GTX 260 core 216, awesome card. Try running the game with all the graphic settings low. See if your frame rate still hovers around 70. If it does, your CPU is bottlenecking you. Source engine games are really more reliant on the processor. Also if your using 16xAA drop it down to 8x. I can not tell a single difference in picture quality, at 1920x1200, between the 16x and 8x in any source game except TF2 a tiny little bit (but that is because of the over contrast effect).

DoD and every other Source game can run up to 300FPS AFAIK. CS:S has a benchmark utility built into it, if you want to tweak settings as best possible for your idea of perfect compromise of FPS and graphics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom