Desktop Screenshot Thread

Re: Desktop Screenshot Thread (56K Warning!!)

desktop7110.png

It's this theme; Browsing Visual Styles 7 on deviantART Then I did a mod to use the quick launch and have shortcuts on the taskbar. I don't have the original link but I saved it in a text file.

-------------------------------------------

1. Right click on a empty space on the taskbar and click on New Tool. (See screenshot below)

2. In the Folder line, type or copy the location below. (See screenshot below)

%userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch

3. Click on the Select Folder button. (See screenshot above)

4. You now have a Quick Launch toolbar on the taskbar. (See screenshot below)
NOTE: Click on the arrow to see your Quick Launch shortcuts.

5. To Expand the Quick Launch Toolbar -
A) Unlock the taskbar.

B) Left click on the dotted lines and hold, then drag it to the left or right to adjust to unhide all of the icons. Release the left click when done. (See screenshot below)

C) Lock the taskbar.
6. To Remove Quick Launch Toolbar Icon Text or Title -
A) Unlock the taskbar.

B) Right click on the Quick Launch toolbar title name, then uncheck the Show Text and Show Title by clicking on them. (See screenshot below step 5B)

C) Lock the taskbar.
7. To Have Small or Large Icons for Quick Launch Toolbar -
A) Unlock the taskbar.

B) Right click on the Quick Launch toolbar title name, then click on View and select to have Large Icons or Small Icons. (See screenshot below step 5B)

C) Lock the taskbar.
8. To Have Quick Launch Toolbar on Left Side of Taskbar -
A) Unlock the taskbar.

B) Left click on the dotted lines of the pinned taskbar programs of the left side and hold, then drag it to the right past the Quick Launch toolbar and release. (See screenshot below)

C) The Quick Launch toolbar is now on the left side of the taskbar. (See screenshot below)

D) Left click on the dotted lines of these and hold and drag them to make any adjustments to how you want them place on the taskbar. (See screenshot above)

E) Lock the taskbar.
9. Now that you have Quick Launch on the taskbar, you will need to save your current theme (step 4 at this link).
NOTE: If you make any changes to your theme, you will need to save the theme afterwards, or you will lose Quick Launch the next time you restart the computer.

10. If you have a 32-bit Windows 7, then it has been reported that you may need to turn off UAC if Quick Launch is disappearing on you after every restart.

OPTION TWO:
Remove Quick Launch
1. Right click on a empty space on the taskbar and click on Toolbars and Quick Launch to uncheck and remove it from the taskbar.

Why not fire up gimp and open a new canvas the exact size of both of your monitors.

I have a 19 and 24 inch monitor @ 1440x900 + 1920x1080, which combined = 3360x1080 (don't add the 2nd numbers of each, just take the largest number as your canvas height). Then just plop in two pictures @ the desired resolution on each. That way they "plug in" just fine. Then apply it as wallpaper. I'm not sure if Windows would have any option like this but I know on my Linux rig here I have to make sure my wallpaper setting is on "span" so it takes the 1 image and spans it across both monitors - which since I measured it perfectly in gimp, it works out nicely. Otherwise it takes that one large image designed for both monitors and it'll scrunch 1 instance of it on each monitor - blah. I can't remember if Windows has a setting like this, but I figured it's worth mentioning since it made me "WTF?" at first on my pc.
Windows doesnt span across 2 monitors. I have a cool wallpaper for both monitors but since Windows doesnt span its pointless.

What gadget is that?

HWMonitor gadget; SFKilla - HWMonitor Meter with a custom skin since the stock ones were too small :p.

Takes a while to setup since you can't save configurations at all, but once you do it's pretty cool.

Yeah, the HWMon Tray. I made a Windows task so its starts when I log on. It's on the same page the gadget is.

Yeah, the HWMon Tray. I made a Windows task so its starts when I log on. It's on the same page the gadget is.

Aww lame =( I have a few gadgets that will monitor temps and stuff but they all require a seperate program to be run in the background.

Back
Top Bottom