Self Power ON after shutdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

smartech

In Runtime
HI. For an unknown reason my PC (specs in sig) started to turn itself back on after a shutdown.
when I shut down the PC or set it to a deep sleep mode, the power off sequence goes ok, power turned off, and all the LEDs go off. And then, 3-5 seconds later it goes back ON. Without touching anything. (like when u change BIOS clock settings and restart).

I tried to reset BIOS to defaults - no change, reset to default windows power scheme settings - no change.
Also I did all BIOS and MOBO drivers updates about a week ago, so its updated, and worked fine for a few days untill the issue appeared.

Also If i hold the power button on the PC case for few secs, it turns off, and stay off, like it should be.

Anyone has any idea how to resolve this issue???

Hello smartech,
Download and run this free app, it will check your system for malware.

Malwarebytes

Open a command promt as administrator and type sfc/scannow press enter and let it scan, if errors are found you will need to scan again until clean.

Also, if this is a recent occurrence, you could try a system restore to a point before this started.

Hope this helps, good luck and post your results.

At the very least, you will know that the file system is in good order, and that there is no malware on your machine, a good basis to proceed from.

Do you have all the Windows updates installed ?.

i checked for malware - all good. no change on the reboot issue

windows updates all installed

What is SFC Scan?

Malwarebytes found 2 files, clear beside this and ,like i said, no change.

There was some interesting info on the wiki page u posted. I tried the registry trick, system settings management, disabling auto restart - sadly all the same, no positive effect....

The only other thing i can think of is the wakeup on LAN option.

Disconnect the LAN cable, then reboot.
Does the computer now remain off ?
One Wake On LAN (WOL) feature, is effectively Wake On Activity, which

means, the computer awakes as soon as there is any activity on the
LAN port.
You can try examining the properties of the LAN device in
Windows, and see what WOL options are offered, and "disable" the feature
to see if it makes a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom