need help choosing memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desolation

In Runtime
my rig is in my sig i need new memory i replaced a faulty mother board, and now need to replace the memory it messed up looking for a 4 gb kit of 2000mhz memory around the 120 to 150 mark on price

i was looking at this set here but not sure

Newegg.com - G.SKILL Trident 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2000 (PC3 16000) Desktop Memory Model F3-16000CL9D-4GBTD

tell me your thoughtson it, im replacing my memory and down the road my cpu and video card. just kinda in a hard spot right now and cant do much at the moment.

reason why im replacing my memory is if i try and set it to its stock settings of 9 9 9 24 at 1600 mhz, it wont load windows and i get micro stuttering when i go to boot. and the windows logo with the bubbles that form the windows log stutter and jitter before it loads

Have you tested your memory with Memtest86+?? Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

You may need to raise the DRAM CTRL REF Voltage and or DRAM DATA REF Voltage value by a notch. I'm no AMD expert but the values should actually be a multipler and by increasing it you should be increasing the voltage to the memory controller. You may have to adjust these values for each memory channel being used.

The ram your looking at is even faster than the memory you have so I think you'll probably have the same problem.

Can you post a screenshot of HWMonitor so we can see some voltage and temperatures?
And can you post a few screenshots of CPUID The CPU, Memory and SPD tabs?

yes i tested it on my old motherboard but not the new motherboard. ive tested it with many many settings and many ways and no matter what i do even if it boots to windows it will bsod no matter what i do. it runs fine at 1066 on the auto setting. and i have went in and set everything manually for all the ram, and it still wont boot into windows and i get memory management bsod.
cant post pics at this moment not at my computer, im at work per say at the tattoo shop so it will have to be tomorrow when i come back in dont have internet at the house.

also im not overclocked at the moment everythings at stock speeds cpu. is at 3.2 ghz mem wont boot at 1600 so its set to auto to get it to boot with the mem ok settings.

ill take some screen shots tonight and post em tomorrow.

You tested it with Memtest already? Any other test really isn't going to test it properly. If it fails Memtest then you can get a RMA from Corsair as they have a Lifetime Warranty.

what is the bsod code and message??

i dont have the bsod code it wont boot unless its set to auto for the memory, its an older set of mem when its set to 1600 mhz it runs at 1.9 volts, and my mother board doesnt like it. ill try to rma the ram, but im gonna pick up some back up mem so i can use my computer. heres a screen shot of my specs and temps the low value is with epu on power save mode to save on my friends energy bill.

systemspecsandtemps.png

iight well i got approved for rma and im sending it in as soon as my spare stick gets here on either Tuesday or Wednesday ill let ya know what happens when it gets replaced

In the future you need to post the screenshots of each window separately so that they are large enough to be read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom