I currently have:

2.53 ghz northwood
512 RDRAM pc1066
ATI 9600 pro 4x AGP

I am thinking about:

New Mobo with 8x AGP
1 gig DDR400 pc3200
same processor and video card

Now this DDR runs at 200 mhz where my RDRam goes at 1066 mhz. Does anyone think the new parts would actually improve my performance in games and other such programs?

I mean i am losing 5x the ram speed but gaining 2x the AGP and doubling the amount of ram.

Hmmm... okay.

First off- Im guessing you own a microATX motherboard? I didnt know any socket 478 motherboards even had 4x AGP (other than micro). Can you tell me what your mobo make/model is?

Second- RDRAM sucks ass. Youd be better off shoving feces into the memory slots.

You arent losing any "Ram speed", youre gaining ram efficiency. Theres a reason RDRAM didnt survive and that DDR is the industry standard.

With the correct motherboard choice and memory, you could have a nice little system there.

The mobo is not micro ATX the Intel Chipset 850E is the only chipset i can find with RDRAM. Mine is the Gigabyte GA-8ihxp. All 850E chipsets only had 4x AGP according to my 1 hour search when looking at upgrading.

I am going with another gigabyte board the Intel 865PE chipset I think. GA-8IPE1000 Pro-G and kingston value ram.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom