Tell me what you think of this system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

diceclip

Beta member
Hello, I'm new to the forums so please excuse my Newbie-ness,
I am new to the computer building world and i've decided to build my first system, please tell me what you guys think.

Mobo:Newegg.com - ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 AM3 AMD 890GX HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard

PSU:Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply

CPU:Newegg.com - AMD Athlon II X4 635 Propus 2.9GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM3 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor ADX635WFGIBOX
(I would overclock this to about 3.2 per core)

Video Card:Newegg.com - Open Box: ASUS EAH4870/2DI/1GD5 Radeon HD 4870 1GB 256-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card
(I would run 2 of these in crossfire)

Memory: Newegg.com - G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ

Also if you guys could recommend a good case for this that would be awesome.

I already have the HD's and Optical Drive.

Thank you,
Steven

I guess I really don't have a budget, I'm just trying to make sure that I can run upcoming games such as FF14, starcraft 2, Diablo 3 etc... on high settings, in the cheapest way possible, but when I say cheap, I don't want to sacrifice to much performance. I am also really into RTS's which I hear are processor hogs.

well that build looks to me like it would cost about $500... so when you say you dont have a budget does that mean you would be willing to spend $2000? whats your limit and we can help you get the most bang out of your buck, we just need to know how many bucks you have to spend...

I guess I don't wanna spend more then 750$ That's just for the tower, but I already have the HD and CD Drive. so those aren't factors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom