my cpu lever wont close

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkwingduck

In Runtime
the lever wont close the cpu fit into the socket when i try to pull the lever i feel it resistancing is this normal????

My guess is one of two things are happening. Either the CPU is not inserted all the way (or incorrectly inserted) or the lever is caught on something. I would take the CPU out and make sure the lever is functioning the right way.

Pulling the lever up you feel resistance or pushing it down? Either way YES you will feel resistance. If you're trying to push it down make ABSOLUTELY sure that the CPU simply drops into the socket. That's why the call it ZIF technology, Zero Insertion Force, it should simply drop in there otherwise the resistance you may be experiencing could be you bending the hell out of your pins.

If you drop in the socket and it simply plops right in there then yes a little resistance is quite normal when your locking down the lever. About halfway down you feel it to get a little heavier and it requires a little harder push and it should lock back in place.

BTW: Don't double post man, regardless if no one is answering just trying bumping your original thread. It's a waste of space and the mods will get on to you for it.

i took it out and qworking fine, my cpu fits in perfectly the notches are matching, but im still feeling resistance im not even half down, as soon as i start, pulling down i feel resistance, the cpu plops right in there with no problems at all.

neone......?

darkwingduck said:
i kow im double posting, sorry but it seems the threads above me are getting priority so yeah.
coffee.jpg

Double Posting is more likely to get thread deleted. Trust me, you are not the only person with computer problems where.

You also might want to give people a little more that just 6 minutes to reply you post. You might want to look at how many people that are currently view the forum before you start thread bumping.

And finally to speed up your reply, you might want to give a little bit more information on what you are trying to do.

Now in reply to your original question.

1. WHAT MOTHERBOARD ARE YOU USING?

2. WHAT CPU ARE YOU TRYING TO INSTALL?

3. ARE YOU INSTALLING THE CPU IN THE CORRECT WAY?

3a. ARE YOU SURE YOU ARE INSTALLING THE CPU THE CORRECT WAY?
(Trust me, I've even fallen for that one myself)

4. ARE THERE ANY BENT PINS ON YOUR CPU?

darkwingduck said:
i took it out and qworking fine, my cpu fits in perfectly the notches are matching, but im still feeling resistance im not even half down, as soon as i start, pulling down i feel resistance, the cpu plops right in there with no problems at all.

neone......?

Question 4 again.
4. ARE THERE ANY BENT PINS ON YOUR CPU?

This does sound like you are putting the cpu in the wrong way.
What you discribed to me matches up to the screw up that I did a few week back. (mainly because I was getting rushed at the time)

darkwingduck said:
my cpu fits in perfectly the notches are matching, but im still feeling resistance im not even half down, as soon as i start, pulling down i feel resistance, the cpu plops right in there with no problems at all.

Yes that is normal, stop worrying so much and just do it. If there was no resistance there would be no friction holding the CPU to the socket......that would be totally useless because the CPU could just fall out from gravity alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom