First Computer Build - Advice/Suggestions/Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe swap the 7 ultimate (upgrade), for 7 home premium (full) and save $75 bucks?

Newegg.com - Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 1-Pack for System Builders - Operating Systems

I appreciate ur input. its gotten me thinking and exposed to many new products and new information.

i really dislike OEM's because i am known for getting (computer) virus's around my neighborhood (yeah its bad, im learning though) so im really going to need a full product. /facepalm
My friend gave me an extra win7 professional 32bit and that is the reason why i choose to get the win7 Ultimate 64bit Upgrade.

Thank you and keep them coming!!

Again, this is for playing games such as wow, cod, l4d2, on the highest settings/ being able to record with fraps with no lag in 1920x1080/ and some video editing.

For gaming and video editing you need a good GPU, making raid 0 won't give you much performance... Again, I would buy a powerful gpu now, the 5850 it's a lot more powerful than 5770, and one HDD and buy the second one when I get more money and reformat to make the raid 0 setup.

i really dislike OEM's because i am known for getting (computer) virus's around my neighborhood (yeah its bad, im learning though) so im really going to need a full product.

wtf are you talking about lol?

the full version of windows isn't going to stop your computer from getting infected.

were you running an anti-virus app in your previous system?

isnt oem something like a 1 time use kinda thing... or am i wayy off.

brb google.

edit: oh..... now i feel dumb. lol i guess ill get that then :)

edit2: i dont run any anti-virus app. i usually tell myself at the beginning of the day when i turn on the computer to get something, but my mind wanders off to neverland and tinkerbell just.... nevermind im going on a tangent. Ill use something for this rig. something like avg or something. what is your choice of anti-virus apps.

No i mean i thought oem meant like a 1 time use and if u happened to get a virus (which i tend to get b/c i go to naughty sites and dl wierd stuff without a virus-scanner) i would have to get another oem. BUT oem doesnt mean what i thought so im just really bad at life. god ****** im awkward.

thanks for the microsoft security essentials link, im dl'ing and using it now and its blinking at me, saying my computer is at risk.... GAHHHHHHH fml.

ALRIGHT so heres what i've got in my shopping cart. Lemme know what you think.

OS - Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit OEM $94.99
Newegg.com - Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 1-Pack for System Builders - Operating Systems

CPU/Mobo/Ram - i7 930 | Asus P6X58D-E | OCZ Gold 6GB (3 x 2GB) $674.97
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!

Case/PSU - Antec 902 | Antec TruePower 750w $204.94
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!

HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB $94.99
Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

Burner/Reader - Lite-On CD/DVD Burner OEM $22.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827106289

Grand Total of $1092.88 (w/o shipping and $1052.88 w/ rebates)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But yes, i am missing a GPU. Im still fumbling between the 5770, 5850, and 5870. I am considering my budget, but i am also considering about future proofing this rig so, if i need to, i can get another 57xx or 58xx and crossfire them. I might need a new PSU but everything else can probably stay in. I understand that im only playing wow, cod, l4d2, but im also thinking of future games i might be interested that require more from the gpu. Ill have to keep researching.

Id like to ask, what brand should i go with when it comes to the 57xx or 58xx? From what i know, the major brands are xfx, his, and sapphire. In my current rig im using the sapphire 2600xt (yeah really old stuff here) and so im pretty sure ill be doing number 1 in my pants when i get this rig.

And 1 more thing. Ive been looking at the 5870 and i see very different prices. One goes for 399.99, another for 429.99, and last goes for 509.99. The only difference i see in the specs are the effective memory clock. Does increasing that, even a sliver, really change the value this much? And would i need that much of a performance boost for future games? I imagine cross-firing would do it justice, especially with a 5870.

Newegg.com - 5870

Anyways, thanks for reading this wall of blob. Anxiously waiting for some replies :)
-Kaz

Ps. 750w is enough to run this correct? Im still a noob at picking the right psu, but ill be learning it hopefully soon, via google!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom