Issues with new video card

Status
Not open for further replies.

LouisL

Baseband Member
Hello all,

I recently purchased a Radeon HD 5570 1GB
My motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-K8N Pro-Sli.

My issue is that the computer will not even recognize the video card. I'm curious as to whether or not if the video card is defective or if my motherboard is just unable to recognize it.

If it's the mobo that cannot read the video card, is there anyway I could update the bios or would I need to purchase a new video?

Thank you for your attention

Yes, I've plugged in the video card in both pci slots and neither one was able to create a display on my monitor.

What I mean by not recognize is that the computer screen is completely black. It won't show anything boot up on the screen. The computer completely powers on, and I hear everything else running. Even the video card fan is running. I also put back my old video card and then everything was running. I then even removed the drivers of my previous video card and then reinstalled the HD 5570 but still nothing shows up. If you need anymore details, please let me know.

I have securely seated it in the slot, but there is no pci-e cable. The XFX radeon HD 5570, doesn't have the power slot.

http://www.frys.com/product/6252530?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Are you sure it's actually booting? Sorry, don't know youre techy level.... Do you get any beeps on boot?

What size psu?

As a check, you could put your old card back in and double check you didn't accidently bump something loose.

Whats your monitor?
Theres been past issues with the dvi/anolog connections and cables.

If the card didn't work, you wouldn't boot at all, as long as its a pci-e iut should be fine.

Try this.. Put the old card in 1 slot and connect the screen, new card in slot 2, It shouldn't matter about sli. boot up, and look in the control panels for the card.

Your specs should be able to take that card, try out patonb suggestion and see the output. I would RMA the card for DOA if all else fails.

Okay, I tried the 2 video cards. Plugged in the monitor to the old video card but it's still pitch black, the display is not coming up.

My biggest

Haha, yeah the monitor is definitely on.

I'm using analog, hmm. I'll try out the dvi connection, but if I do go with dvi its going to be the adapter that goes ontop of analog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom