laser printer

Status
Not open for further replies.

hambo_12

Baseband Member
I have a problem. At work, there is a dot matrix printer that prints invoices on carbon paper, which are three layers thick, and then are signed by a client. Recently, the dot matrix printer has died, and we need a solution. My boss asked me to investigate.

He wants to know if there are any ways of printing invoices from a laser printer, but not have to print 3 seperate copies, sort of like carbon paper for a laser.

Any ideas??

doubtful seeing as how a laser printer works. unless there is some kind of medium that transfers to a cc by heat, and be able to differentiate small incremental differences in the paper and make something legible. Think of it this way, your laser printer works by charging the paper as its fed. It then charges the drum via laser to the desired image and then the toner is added. The paper and drum are opposingly charged so when it passes through the drum the image is transfered to the charged paper and then passed through the fusing rollers and melts the toner onto the page (thats why they're somewhat warm). For carbon copies, its transfered through the old fashioned way, by impact. Thats why daisy wheel and dot matrix printers are used because of impact blows transfering the ink to the carbon copy.

Only way I could see it is by printing multiple copies.

Had the same problem at work when we replaced our dot matrix. We now use the photocopier to print copies.

zerozero, do you have to print three copies out?

Another take on the problem, is there anything that would allow you to take the three printouts on the laser, and sign the top one, and the signature transfers to the other two?? (if that makes sense)

hambo_12 said:
I have a problem. At work, there is a dot matrix printer that prints invoices on carbon paper, which are three layers thick, and then are signed by a client. Recently, the dot matrix printer has died, and we need a solution. My boss asked me to investigate.

He wants to know if there are any ways of printing invoices from a laser printer, but not have to print 3 seperate copies, sort of like carbon paper for a laser.

Any ideas??

You only have 2 options.

1. Buy another Dox Matrix Printer and continue using the carbon paper.

2. Purchase a laser and print out the page 3 times.

The Laser is a little more universal as dot matrix are mainly just there for invoicing now days. However the dot matrix are alot more robust that an a lazer.

What is your mouthly duty cycle on this printer?

We had to change our forms and either printout several copies or use the photocopier, depending on the requirements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom