MSI GF-4 Ti 4800 se , XP drivers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

weswes

In Runtime
hey there ,

i brought a new VGA card ,MSI GF-4 Ti 4800 se , am using WinXP as OS , when i installed the card drivers that came with it , XP showed up that those drivers arent WHQL signed , but i installed them anyway...and it seems they r working , but recently some games ( that i used to run normally with my old VGA ) arent working ex. Mafia ...
after searching tons of sites , i found that non- WHQL signed drivers are know to cause some bugs with games...

My q. is ,
could anyone tell me where can i found those drivers ??

btw , i downloaded the latest nividia drivers also the detonator...but they still not WHQL signed ...

Another question , y does my motherboard (gigabyte GA-8IDX ) doesnt detect my new VGA card when i turn my pc on , i mean it doesnt show the name of my card as it used to do with my old one ...( am using latest bios )

cheers...

Well i can answer the non-WHQL question. Install them anyways. because they are newer drivers since the last build of windows xp was created there will always be that message upon installation, just ignore it. And no, they do not cause problems in games (otherwise nvidia wouldnt release it :D ). What specific problem do you have with Mafia? and sorry i cant answer the BIOS question :D

i used to run mafia normally with my old vga card....but wn i installed my new card...
wn i try to run it , it just shows up a black screen , with an error saying that the game engine cant run...only that...and let me tell u a suprise "darth" ..the same problem occured with MaxPayne...(which used to be absoultly normal with my old card)....

And no problem concerning bios q...its not that imp.

Oh man weswes, im sorry but this is out of my league.... *steps slowly away from thread*, lemme look this up if anyone else has problems, sadly i dont know anyone with a 4800 but lemme research

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom