FSB and Memory Frequency in Bios

Status
Not open for further replies.
some one on this fourm would always remind us of how picky N-force bourds are conserning cheap ram. dont ask me were the line is between cheap and decent ream though.

Starcat said:
I mean, the Asus site stated that a particular type of Kingston memory (pc3200, 256) was tested with this board, and I got Kingston memory, but of a different kind (pc3200, 2x512). Are mobo's really that picky? Should I choose to change this later and buy the specified Kingston mem, can I get up to 1gb using 256mb chips? Seems to me with 3 slots I could only get up to 768mb.

yes sometimes thay are that picky. the 256 and 512 are the same series but the consistancy is sometimes different. So if they recommend the 256 model only that's the only one that can garuantee will work with that particular board. You are correct you can't get 1GB using three 256 modules. I had good sucess with Corsair XMS memory, it might not be listed in their support memory but it works nevertheless. it's mostly experimenting on the builder's part

it's mostly experimenting on the builder's part

Yeah basically theres the heart of most techies knowledge. I know it is for me atleast. The main reason I know as much as I do is because I've messed up so many times and had to have researched 100 different options for fixing one thing that now I'm just loaded with stuff. I just wrote a BIOS Article because I recently screwed up my BIOS chip and read NUMEROUS articles regarding recovery. Unfortunately for me every single thing I tried didn't work for me but hopefully someone can get use out of the info

Well, I've learned a lot from messing around (and up), that's the truth. Can get pretty 'spensive, though. That's why I didn't go with the Corsair XMS - serves me right, I guess.

Y'all certainly are very knowledgeable, and I greatly appreciate your help. Sorry to have taken so much of your time, but maybe I can help someone else with what I've learned. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom