Radiator Question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guttzu

In Runtime
I am about ready to install all my water cooling gear in my case but I have 2 questions:

1: What is the better path for the loop... Pump>cpu>rad>res>pump or pump>rad>cpu>res>pump?

2: Looking at the rad to mount on the top of my ATCS 840... how should the fans be situated? Should they go underneath the rad blowing air out of the case or be mounted on top sucking air in?

Thanks for any help guys... :D I know the fan question is dumb but I have seen different set ups with the fans on the radiator...

Wouldn't it be better to have it res>pump>rad>cpu>res? The radiator might get higher flow depending on what the res is.

it deosnt really matter, as long as the radiator is before the cpu

Actually no. The difference between having the radiator before the CPU or the CPU before the radiator is LITERALLY .5C. Just route your tubing however looks neatest. I swear I've said this like 20 times by now...

But the reservoir is typically right before the pump, or else you will have more trouble bleeding/filling your loop

As for the fans have them blowing air out

Thanks for the input Burn :D Ok so I will have the fans mounted on the bottom of the Rad blowing air across it and out of the top of the case... Yeah pump>cpu>rad>res>pump will look the cleanest for me... Thanks for all the help guys!

One last dumb question... I know the CPU block has an inlet/outlet but what about the radiator? I'm greatly assuming that it doesn't matter which hole you use for the inlet or the outlet but I am just checking... The more I type the more I'm thinking that it doesn't matter because the water is going through tubes and the direction of the water flow through the radiator doesn't really matter...?

Would there be any benefit to having fans mounted on the bottom and top of the radiator with all of them blowing air out of the case? The bottom ones blowing air out and the top ones sucking air from the radiator and blowing it out of the case? No idea but just thought I would ask lol :D

nope in/out doesn't matter for the rad.

yeah fan/rad/fan is a good idea and will probably net you a couple degrees

I looked at your case though and it only has two fan vents on the top? Didn't you get a triple rad?

Burn... the top of the case holds 2 x 230mm fans. There is a bracket that comes with the case you can mount that holds 3 120mms..... so with the bracket installed it can hold a triple radiator... I think for now (since I don't have anymore 30mm long M4 bolts and home depot doesn't carry them) I am going to just mount the fans on the bottom of the rad and have them blow over it and out of case...

Thanks for all the help guys!!! I will hopefully be posting from the completed project here soon :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom