Gaming LCD

Status
Not open for further replies.

masteroc

In Runtime
Looking for one....20" or bigger (pref), good ms response time, 1920x1080

Any suggestions..I havent bought a monitor in forever and am not sure where to start.

When they went on sale last week I picked up 3 Dell ST2210's for $139.99 a piece. They're 1920x1080, 21.5" panels, VGA, HDMI, and DVI inputs. They have a good response time and I haven't had any issues with ghosting in games. The sale price was good enough to buy 3 for Eyefinity and it is an awesome setup. The only issue is it isn't a glossy screen so colors aren't the greatest, but they do have plenty of onboard settings (brightness, contrast, saturation, hue, color settings, etc) to get a good picture. They also have an audio passthrough that can use an analog line-in from the PC or digital from HDMI and output through stereo speakers.

Im thinking about 180$ (each) since im looking to buy 2

Why are you buying 2? You said that this was for a gaming system and as far as I'm concerned you can only play games on an odd number of monitors. This is because with an even number the middle of the screen gets placed at an intersection and is really hard to play.

With an odd number (1 or 3) you have a center monitor to put your primary forward view on (crosshairs, gun, etc) and the side monitors for peripheral vision.

Also, nVidia cards and older ATi cards are not able to map monitors together for gaming. You'll need an HD5xxx ATi card or a Matrox Triple Head 2 Go adapter to do multi monitor gaming (the Triple Head 2 Go must have 3 monitors, ATi's Eyefinity can do many different configurations).

Why are you buying 2? You said that this was for a gaming system and as far as I'm concerned you can only play games on an odd number of monitors. This is because with an even number the middle of the screen gets placed at an intersection and is really hard to play.

With an odd number (1 or 3) you have a center monitor to put your primary forward view on (crosshairs, gun, etc) and the side monitors for peripheral vision.

Also, nVidia cards and older ATi cards are not able to map monitors together for gaming. You'll need an HD5xxx ATi card or a Matrox Triple Head 2 Go adapter to do multi monitor gaming (the Triple Head 2 Go must have 3 monitors, ATi's Eyefinity can do many different configurations).

1 is all I plan to play on. While it is for gaming, I do things other than gaming on this computer and I would like to have dual monitors for more screen real estate. I made it a point to mention gaming because I would like to have as fast of a refresh rate and as little ghosting as possible in the price range I specified.

+1 for the Samsung 2494LW.

To elaborate on my earlier post I just got my 2494LW set up and absolutely love it. The picture is gorgeous and is even better than my old 932bw+ which I was always very pleased with. It has no dead or stuck pixels and the backlight is bright and consistent. I have only played a couple of minutes of cod4 on it so far but there were no issues with response time that I noticed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom