Oc Vid

Status
Not open for further replies.

SNiPeRViRuS

In Runtime
Well I know Kangeroo created a FAQ on this but I am still confused about how to Overclock my graphics card. I am using Nvidias thingy on properties. I over clock it and next time i checked, the clock frequencies were set back to normal. how can i change this?

sorry for posting here but no one goes to the other forums.

There should be a little thing that has a check box to say " Apply Changes at Startup"
Do that and it should always work.

yeah just make sure you absolutely have the most stable settings because if you put on settings that are too much for your card and you hit APPLY AT STARTUP then you're screwed.

no, if its incorrect setting.. cant he just go into safe mode and change it back? i may not remember very clearly, it was a long time ago, but i think thats what i did.

ok, but if it is unstable then how would i know? i am not sure how to use benchmark programs. which ones should i use and how do i use them?

Run something like aqaumark...if you see artifacts (snow or distortion) you need to back it down a bit. I have an Ati card, and I can change it witout restarting, but if you go to far, restart and go into safe mode (F8). That should load just the default drivers without the OC. I use aqaumark and 3DMark05. Let us know what how far you can OC. And post it in the overclocking section, cause I definatley read posts there.

no, if its incorrect setting.. cant he just go into safe mode and change it back? i may not remember very clearly, it was a long time ago, but i think thats what i did.
Yeah sorry I forgot about Safe Mode and didn't think that it would load the vid card to default speeds. But usually they still recommend not setting it to apply at startup unless you're 100% positive. But yeah, the chances of frying the card are pretty slim if you do it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom