Computer Advise

Status
Not open for further replies.

JanetteM12

Beta member
New Computer Help

Hello Everyone,

I will be purchasing a new computer within the next few weeks, and could use some help.

I use Photoshop CS 5 Extended, and I want to be sure the new computer meets all the requirements for this program. I have listed the requirements below. I sure would appreciate your help. I do not want to purchase a computer only to find it will not support Photoshop CS 5 Extended. Based on the requirements below, could someone please tell me what computer I should purchase? I prefer HP if there is one that will work with photoshop.

Requirements:

• Intel® Pentium® 4 or AMD Athlon® 64 processor
• Microsoft® Windows® XP with Service Pack 3; Windows Vista® Home Premium, Business, Ultimate, or Enterprise with Service Pack 1 (Service Pack 2 recommended); or Windows 7
• 1GB of RAM
• 1GB of available hard-disk space for installation; additional free space required during installation (cannot install on removable flash-based storage devices)
• 1024×768 display (1280×800 recommended) with qualified hardware-accelerated OpenGL graphics card, 16-bit color, and 256MB of VRAM
• Some GPU-accelerated features require graphics support for Shader Model 3.0 and OpenGL 2.0
• DVD-ROM drive
• QuickTime 7.6.2 software required for multimedia features

Thank you!!

Well, it probably isn't as high as I would like it to be. I really don't need so fancy computer. Just one that Photoshop will work on. I'm mainly concerned with getting the right graphics card, processor, etc. I don't need a $1500 tower. Just a computer that meets photoshop requirements that I posted.

a computer thats sole purpose is to run photshop would cost around $600.

EDIT:

if even, i bet itll be cheaper than that, but i dont really know anything about the lower spectrum of builds...

I customized a Presario p6550z with the following:

* • Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
* • AMD Athlon(TM) X4 635 quad-core processor [2.9GHz, 2MB L2, up to 4000MHz bus]
* • FREE UPGRADE! 4GB DDR3-1333MHz SDRAM [2 DIMMs] from 3GB
* • FREE UPGRADE! 500GB 7200 rpm SATA 3Gb/s hard drive from 320GB
* • 512MB ATI Radeon HD 5450 [DVI, HDMI, VGA adapter]
* • LightScribe 16X max. DVD+/-R/RW SuperMulti drive
* • Integrated Ethernet port, No wireless LAN
* • 15-in-1 memory card reader, 2 USB, audio
* • No TV Tuner
* • Integrated sound
* • No speakers
* • HP USB keyboard and optical mouse
* • Microsoft Office Starter 2010
* • No additional security software

The total is $569.99. That should handle Photoshop just fine.

Trotters is a good setup, however isn't PS a RAM lover? Maybe up it to 6Gigs of ram?
Aswell as a 1T secdondary/external drive, for lots of storage. These can be got cheap at bestbuy etc, so no need to the build.

6GB would be installed a three DIMMs, but 8GB would be installed as four. Might as well go for 8GB even though that would pump up the price a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom