Having Cloning issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

sara jane

Beta member
Hi Everyone,

I'm really struggling trying to clone my disk since my laptop(acer 7535g) is going for repairs on Monday and they said they may have to change the HDD(it overheats, the laptop that is).
Ive purchased a new disk drive which matches the same as the one I have presently(500gb), I have only used 200gb of space on my original, I also have purchased Communicator 1 docking station with my new drive.
I have tried to clone using EASEUS which gets to about 60% and fails and Acronis 2010 which gets to about 30 % before failing, I've also noticed that when I click on the cloning button in EASEUS the destination disk changes to unallocated in the management section (I'm running Vista home premium) even though I've added a simple volume and formatted it???

I've been trying to do this for 2 days now and have spent a considerablr amount of loot to do this, I am hoping a guru on here might point out maybe there is something simple I'm not doing correctly, I've watched most tutorials on youtube and folow what they do but still no joy.
I have a considerable number of programs that I do not wish to spend days re installing and in some cases I no linger have the CD. :(

Please help me some-one please.

rgrds,

Sara

Clonezilla

Not positive if it will clone to a usb drive as that is what the Communicator appears to be.

When I clone I hook both drives up to another desktop.

The communicator does come with its own power supply, and was sold to me as if it would have no problems cloning a disc. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom