Building a gamer from the ground up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geomerge

Solid State Member
This is what I posted before in the laptop forums:
I'm looking for the perfect one for me... My dilemma? I'm short on cash and I'm not good with computer talk. So, I'm here to ask the experts, the know-hows.

I was looking at Alienware, because they are just some bad-*** beautiful pieces of machinery. But they are so expensive for the good ones... I've been told more than once that I can get the same thing for WAY better prices. So that's what I'm looking for.

Here's what I need:
1. APPEARANCE
Of course, I want a New, up-to-dateLaptop. (Or I wouldn't be in this forum.) I want something portable. I move a lot and my system has to come with me when I do. As for the appearance of it, it needs a nice, easy to use keyboard, the usual touch mouse thing, usual ports and a CD drive. I'd also like it to come with a CD burner at least but I'm sure this comes with just about everything.)
Screen: Not under 11"
Shell: I need something that looks pretty, like, possibly Alienware pretty? Girls like pretty things. (This is of course, optional.) I am also a pretty experienced artist so I can mod things if you give me ideas, tutorials, etc.

2. A GAMER
I am a Gamer. I want my system to play games. I don't need it to play Crysis on High-res though, I just need it to play Team Fortress on Medium or something. Nothing spectacular.

3. PERFORMANCE
Running Windows 7, definitely. Able to connect to the internet well, and able to run art programs such as Photoshop or Moviemaker.

4. HARD DRIVE / PROCESSOR
I'll probably just buy an external for backup, but the internal HD has to have at BARE MINIMUM about 250GB. I also would prefer a new Intel Core i7 Pro over all other processors, but if anything I'll go with the i7 regular, or the i5.

5. PRICE
Under 1000 USD.
*But if it's just THAT good not to buy, then I can go higher. I'm looking for high quality stuff, because I want to start off with something I can use for a long time.

But the replies all told me to just make my own desktop.

So, a gaming PC for under 1k?

I have a friend that can help me assemble it, but I need to know what components to buy. From the general specifications listed above, help me assemble a list of parts to buy, along with telling me their function in English. (Because I'm tech-illiterate.)

yep, we can help you build a rig.

what do you need?

just the tower? do you also need a monitor, OS, keyboard + mouse, etc.

Well, yeah, I'm looking for the other components too, but I need to build the tower first. After that I'll worry about the rest.

But suggestions for monitors and such are appreciated too. :3

what i meant was is your $1k budget just for the tower, or do you also need those other things included within that budget.

Well, if I can, I'd like to get the whole thing for under 1k.
But like I mentioned, if the best for me is over 1k, I can go slightly higher.

Is that the best price I can get it for? (The whole thing, I mean.)

I'm gonna wait for other posters to decide everything. I'd might as well get as many opinions as possible.

Thank you so much, Clown!

Anyone else want to make a suggestion?

I only included the tower, monitor and Windows operating system.
you are still going to need a keyboard, mouse and/or speakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom