USB HUB

Status
Not open for further replies.

MindoverMaster

Golden Master
All my USB ports on my ASUS P5E are being used. Only one port open on my front ports on my Antec P182.

AFAIK, there are two large differences. With AC power or without. Do I really need the power? The ones with AC are more expensive.

I currently have these devices plugged in:

Keyboard
Mouse
Printer
External WD MyBook Essentials
Mini USB cable for my camera and other devices.
Connector for my Sandisk Sansa Fuse

BT USB adapter (front port)

I can see some devices can go on a non-AC HUB, but do they last long at all? Are fewer ports better than 7 ( I think is the most at a low price)

I've dealt with both in the past, but that was USB 1.0

You could also try finding a keyboard that actually has USB ports. However, those don't work so well for things that need a powered port.

According to the specs on your mb you have 6 usb ports on the back, and 6 internal.

Your are probably using 2 of those for your front panel connection so you should have 4 left. they come in groups of 2 so you should have 3 headers on your mb.

Your board should have come with a pci slot shield with usb ports and a cable to connect to the mb header.

I would go that route first as it is no additional cash outlay.

yep I see it upper right.

13-131-219-S07

In perusing your manual it appears to only have 4 onboard. You are probably using 2 for the front with 2 left that you can use the adapter for. after those are used, pci card or hub.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom