Gaming mice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cabamalan

Solid State Member
I'm going to assume is safe to post about mice here, since peripherals were listed.

Anyways, I have been looking at dozens of mice and it's kind of hard to pick one with my limited knowledge. I'm a big gamer, and I'll admit I'm a Razer Fanboi, almost to a diehard, but I will buy something else if it is better. Currently, I've narrowed it down to a few mice choices

Razer Mamba
Newegg.com - RAZER Mamba Black 7 Buttons USB Laser Gaming Mouse - Dual Mode Wired/Wireless Functionality

Microsoft Sidewinder x8
Newegg.com - Microsoft SideWinder X8 Black 12 Buttons Tilt Wheel 2.4GHz Wireless 4000 dpi Gaming Mouse

Coolermaster Sentinel Advance
Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER SGM-6000-KLLW1-GP Sentinel Advance Black 8 Buttons Wired Laser 5600 dpi Mouse

Silverstone Raven RVM01
Silverstone Raven Laser Gaming Mouse at Xoxide!

I have played with the Mamba a bit, it fits perfectly into my hand and is super comfortable, though, I'd rather not make a call on an item from experience on just one thing.

Razer is your best bet. Another option would be a Logitech. Logitech has the best support, IMO. My Logitech G5 v.1 right click wasn't working. I sent an RMA to them. A few days later, they sent me a shipping receipt. I get a package from them a few days later. I open it up, I get a G5 v.2! These were pricey at the time.

Don't hit me here, but for the price I love the Logitech MX518, It is nothing super fancy, but I enjoyed it so much on my gaming rig, I bought three more for all my other computers, very nice fitting to your hand. not to mention the sensitivity control is nice, easy to switch from assault to sniping, and I just love the placement of the forward/back buttons.
Newegg.com - Logitech MX 518 8 Buttons 1 x Wheel USB Wired Optical 1800 dpi Gaming Mouse

But than again, I have like 12 programmable keys on my keyboard so I don't really need them on a mouse.

If you like the feel of them, Razer is very hard to beat. Some have had some bad luck with them, but mine have all been sweet.

While the Mamba is neat because is can go wired or wireless, the cost turned me off of it. I currently have the Lachesis:
Newegg.com - RAZER Imperator Black USB Wired Laser 5600 dpi Ergonomic Gaming Mouse

Were I to move up, I would check out the Imperator. However I would have to get my hand around it first as it is shaped differently than most other Razer mice in that it handles closer to most Logitech mice (built for the right hand with a thumb indention).
Newegg.com - RAZER Imperator Black USB Wired Laser 5600 dpi Ergonomic Gaming Mouse

I currently have an Logitech mx 518. Its alright, not the best I've had, which is probably the Razer Copperhead (Old school!) For my mousepad, I have a Razer Vespula I bought not to long ago. Great pad. I have. Look at the Lachesis and Imperator, bit iffy

Really if you can your best bet is to go to places that have gaming PCs setup and try a few mice. Or go to friends houses or something and try theirs. A mouse is all in personal preference. I love Razer but i cant stand how all their mice are really really light. I like heavy mice and my G5 v2 hits the spot.

For the last 3+ years, I had a Logitech MX518 after my standard ball mouse started to not work out for me when it came to gaming.

I loved my MX518, though early this year I did start to feel it was a little bit too small for me. When my middle mouse button stopped working on it a couple months ago, I decided to spend some money and pick up the Logitech G9x Gaming Mouse. The thing is truly unbelievable. Two different textured skins so you can use whichever feels better on your hand, and I like how I could add weights to it to make it equal the feel that I am looking for in a mouse.

It is hard to decide based on pictures, but I am happy with my purchase. You can also set the mouse to different profiles for different applications you play in. (So, you can set a FPS Profile, RPG Profile..etc ... just for example; do whatever you want) and then set up to 5 dpi quick switch settings for each profile you make. Perfect for getting it "right" in each different game you play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom