possible modem prob

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobr497

Baseband Member
:( I am having trouble sometimes when I go online with my 56k modem.sometimes when I have been on for say about 20 or 30 minutes,I can't get any pages to load.It says page not found.So I disconnect and reconnect and it works for a little bit and then does the same thing.I contacted my ISP and the tech had me check all settings which seemed to be ok.He then said it could be my modem going bad,because they had no other complaints,so it wasn't on their end.Any info would be deeply appreciated before I go out and buy another modem that I might not need.If I need a modem any suggestions on what to get?Thanx in advance, you guys have been helpful to me in the past.:)

It sounds to me as if it is going out.

One of the last 56k modems I had was a External Creative USB Modem. It worked perferctly and was cheap-- about $15 dollars. (US$)

replies

Thanx 4 the replies guys.Anubis,now that u mention it I did have a phone prob about a month ago but it was on my second line.I guess it was from all the rain we had been getting cause when it started drying up my phone prob disappeared.What makes me think it is an isp problem is last night I popped in a disc for a free trial with another provider.I was online with it for about 90 min.and the problem never showed up.It could have been coincidental I don't know.:rolleyes: Anyway I will check the other phone jack thing first Thanks again for now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom