is a really good graphics card needed for online videos on a laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drogos

Daemon Poster
Here is the thing.
My step dad wanted to build him a desktop that was cheap so he could watch online movies and maybe get a online tv program.
I posted a build here i tho would do the job and asked for advice Muffing Man picked something better for a good price i showed him he liked the price but now he says he might be better off getting a laptop instead.
I tho that's not a bad idea he does not game so ill be a good thing to have mobility since he wants to connect it to this big tv and he can use else were to.
now i don't think he needs omg video card for what he wants it for **** i bought a toshiba laptop
last wek for study and i have it plugged to a 23.5 hp monitor at 1920x1080 resolution and i can watch everything great except game witch is fine by me.
He thinks is not going run at high resolution on his lcd tv 40+ inch .
please correct me if i'm wrong is why i'm here asking lol.
wen it comes to laptops i know nothing i'm a first time long term laptop user.
i showed him this laptop at newegg.

Newegg.com - TOSHIBA Satellite C655D-S5057 NoteBook AMD Athlon II P320(2.10GHz) 15.6" 4GB Memory 250GB HDD 5400rpm DVD Super Multi ATI Radeon HD 4250

same as mine except mine had a hd 4100 graphics card.
I think that's a very good deal for a laptop.

he wanted me to look here for a similar price or a bit better laptop.
sony or toshiba only but what do i look for? what key features or hardware?
I'm very interested in computers is what i like to study i have built a couple of desktop and fixed a few as well but i never read any manuals or anything on pcs i leaned the bit i know breaking and figuring it out. i did messed up on my second built i was still new is why i ask for info b4 i do anything now better safe than sorry lol.

BrandsMart USA - Search Results

thanks in advance

The HD4250 will be perfectly fine for online digital media. It's capable of playing Blu-Ray at "FullHD" 1080p. Most LCD's that are 40"+ generally are "FullHD" 1080p (1920x1080), so the resolution will most likely be the same as the 23" LCD monitor you used.

For general PC users, the best things to look into, or ask what they need more of, is processing power, storage space, and what type of programs they intend to use. For general "everyday" use, the laptop you chose would be perfect, and keeps the wallet/wife happy too. ;)

For me, a laptop is all about portability, so I chose a netbook (subnotebook). While it's not a powerful piece of hardware, it's proven to be one of my best investments yet. However, there are drawbacks, such as, I can't play HD media, I can only play a select few online streaming services for video content (without modifying stock settings), I can't load Photoshop, and do A LOT of editing at once, but I have been able to edit gracefully with it before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom